NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

looking for jameson sign lost in a fire tonight

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

looking for jameson sign lost in a fire tonight

Postby jamesonfire » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:35 am

Hello my name is Nick, i'm from the United States and i'm hoping someone may be able to help me. Tonight my grandparents cottage on Devils Lake in the Irish Hills in Michigan burned down. My grandparents names are Charles and Ann Jameson. The fire took with it a very special thing to my family. It was a 3 1/2 foot tall dancing leprechaun that said "Jameson Irish Whiskey" on it. For 30 plus years that leprechaun hung at the peak of the living room. My whole family would sit around and make up stories about the leprechaun. My grandparents are the two most wonderful people on the planet and I cannot begin to explain what they mean to me and the rest of my family. I would like more than anything to find a replacement for that piece that was lost but i cannot find so much as a picture of it online. If this reaches the right place and you think there may be a chance for assistance, i'm sure i could find a picture of him. It looked to be made out of cardboard or some other kind of thick paper but it hung so high I cant be sure what it was made of. Thank you very much for reading this and I pray you may be able to help.
sincerely
nick heise
jamesonfire
New Spirit

Re: looking for jameson sign lost in a fire tonight

Postby Raven » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Nick, Sorry to hear of yere misfortune. To answer your question it does not sound
as if this piece was ever used as advertising over this side of the pond. I never recall
seeing anything like it over here. As it was approx. 30 yrs.old it is either from a Jameson
advertising campaign specifically done in the U.S. or else is a spurious sign made up
for sale in the Irish American Community. Some of the cask ends that one sees for sale
fit into this category and are aged in appearance only. If you have a photo post it and somebody
may be able to fill in the blanks.
Raven
Rundlet Cask

Return to Collectors Corner