NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Irish Whiskey Society of America - Boston

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

Irish Whiskey Society of America - Boston

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Congratulations to Rich Nagle on the successful official launch of the Irish Whiskey Society of America in Boston. I understand there was a very healthy turnout for the first gathering.

Rich also gets a mention in this article...

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2011/03/irish- ... irits.html

and his blog is here...http://irishwhiskeyblog.com/

and the IWSA facebook page is here... http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=163615560322489

Look forward to a full update from Rich on how events went.

Continued success, Leo Phelan, President IWS - Ireland.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Re: Irish Whiskey Society of America - Boston

Postby John » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Well played Rich :thumbsup:
All the best,
John.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby GSC » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Congratulations!

Hope to get involved with the society. And an excuse to visit Boston.
Whatever doesn't kill you will leave a scar.
GSC
Quarter Cask

Postby Fionnán » Fri May 06, 2011 7:54 pm

so i've been thinking over this for a little while and i might be able to help start something in San Francisco. There's a huge whiskey culture here, although most of it revolves around Scotch and Rye but i'm well connected to it (i work for Diageo, teach the history of whiskey class here at berkeley, and lecture at Bourbon and Branch's beverage academy program in the city centre) so i could easily coordinate something and probably talk my boss into donating some bushmills malts to an opening tasting. there's also a large Irish ex-pat community over here that i have at least a little bit of connection to through the collegiate GAA. Anyway, if any of you know any SF residents who might be interested, send them my way and i'd be happy to add a second chapter to the american branch of the society. My only concern is that i'll be leaving for Dublin in december and staying there all of the following semester so any society formed here would need at least one or two more really committed people spearheading it.
Fionnán
Bourbon Barrel

Postby RichardN » Tue May 31, 2011 5:14 pm

Fionnán: Just saw your post here and saw you pop up on the IWSA FB Page last week. Another guy in SFO just signed up last week and is interested in helping set up a chapter. Message me either through FB or email at rnagle@irishwhiskeysociety.com and we can begin planning. I'm doing a bunch of legwork to make the startup process simpler.

Sláinte,

Richard Nagle
RichardN
New Spirit

Return to Society