NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Whiskey & Chocolate

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

Whiskey & Chocolate

Postby DavidH » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

I've posted pics and details on the event page for the recent tasting.

I was impressed by how well whiskey and fancy chocolates can combine. Because all the matches were carefully trialled in advance, it might have seemed that whiskey and chocs go together effortlessly. An idea for the future might be to pair one whiskey with a chocolate (or whatever) that matches and again with one that doesn't match. Just to illustrate that the pairing is not random.

I personally liked the sherry-finished Bushmills and "Coffee Toffee" combo the best. Though Premier Crew and "Brazilian Orange" was also stunning (better than either alone).
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Re: Whiskey & Chocolate

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Totally concur ... But as I was not there I can not even attempt to salivate over the examples you wrote about. But yes just because x goes with y does not mean x goes with y +1. Hope it was a good night as I like whiskey and chocolate but sounds like I missed out on a master class.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Malt-Teaser » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:06 pm

One of my favourite subjects and one which I would love to present should I get over to The Emerald Isle again at a time when we could organise this.

But for now ....
http://www.whisky-emporium.com/UK/Whisky&Chocolate.htm
Malt-Teaser
Rundlet Cask

Postby varizoltan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Malt-Teaser wrote:One of my favourite subjects and one which I would love to present should I get over to The Emerald Isle again at a time when we could organise this.

But for now ....
http://www.whisky-emporium.com/UK/Whisky&Chocolate.htm

we just had it, so i do not think that will happened anytime soon

but we have whiskey and beer on the plan :thumbsup:
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby Dec » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Just noticed the whiskey and beer plan ... :thumbsup:
but no details up on the Port House site about it yet :thumbsdown:
Dec
New Spirit

Postby kinspa » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:17 am

DavidH wrote:I've posted pics and details on the event page for the recent tasting.

I was impressed by how well whiskey and fancy chocolates can combine. Because all the matches were carefully trialled in advance, it might have seemed that whiskey and chocs go together effortlessly. An idea for the future might be to pair one whiskey with a chocolate (or whatever) that matches and again with one that doesn't match. Just to illustrate that the pairing is not random.

I personally liked the sherry-finished Bushmills and "Coffee Toffee" combo the best. Though Premier Crew and "Brazilian Orange" was also stunning (better than either alone).

That is a great idea for an event! Is there any possibility something like this will be arranged soon again? I would really love to attend because I think that the combination of Irish Whiskey and Chocolate is like the perfect equilibrium of tastes. I love to buy chocolate knowing that I can perfectly well just enjoy it to a glass of Irish Whiskey while reading a book or watching one of my favorite movies.
kinspa
New Spirit

Postby DavidH » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:36 pm

It looks like we'll have another Whiskey & Chocolate evening in February. Although this time we might look beyond the Irish whiskey, just to keep it fresh.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Return to Society