NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby brettie vedder » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:42 pm

anyone grabbing the game? i will be grabbing it tomorrow for the 360. rumor is that it will be on sale at tesco for €45. my gamer tag is brettie vedder if anyone wants to add me.
brettie vedder
Rundlet Cask

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:10 am

Meant to reply to this ... looking like this may be one of the biggest games of the year.

Did you pick it up yesterday? I suppose if your missing for the next week that will be the answer ;)

Never really mad into it though and usually wait till these games come out on Platinum :)

... quick question for you though ... I'm PS3 so if I was playing on line could in interact with a xbox 360 player?
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby brettie vedder » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 am

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Meant to reply to this ... looking like this may be one of the biggest games of the year.

Did you pick it up yesterday? I suppose if your missing for the next week that will be the answer ;)

Never really mad into it though and usually wait till these games come out on Platinum :)

... quick question for you though ... I'm PS3 so if I was playing on line could in interact with a xbox 360 player?

yea, i picked it up from tesco yesterday. i can confirm it was on sale for €43.95 for both 360 and ps3 consoles. they usually only keep them on sale for a week and then chances are it will jump back up to €59.99

game so far is incredible, both single player and online. its all during the cold war (which i am really into) so loving all the cool weaponry. and the campaign actually has real life historical people in it, which has never been done in any CoD. online seems a lot more tolerable than MW2 was...not sure if you played that, but it could be overwhelming if you weren't a pro. and this game even has an option for online style play, but vs. computer AI, rather than real players. its a good way to get a feel for the game if you never played online before.

no, if you are on ps3 you can't interact with a 360 player. they are both on separate networks. not sure if your online or not, but ps3 (playstation network) is free for you. not sure which internet you have, but eircom 1mb is working fine for me. lag sometimes, but overall, 100000x better than that airwire s**** i had before.
brettie vedder
Rundlet Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:24 am

brettie vedder wrote: ... not sure if your online or not, but ps3 (playstation network) is free for you. not sure which internet you have, but eircom 1mb is working fine for me. lag sometimes, but overall, 100000x better than that airwire s**** i had before.

Yes, I'm online but don't use it that much for gaming ... I'm with Eircom too but have 3mb averaging at about 2.7mb :D
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby brettie vedder » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:27 am

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:
brettie vedder wrote: ... not sure if your online or not, but ps3 (playstation network) is free for you. not sure which internet you have, but eircom 1mb is working fine for me. lag sometimes, but overall, 100000x better than that airwire s**** i had before.

Yes, I'm online but don't use it that much ... I'm with Eircom to but have 3mb averaging at about 2.7mb :D

ah, you should be grand then. upload and ping are more important than download though. i think all eircoms have the same upload. something like 400kb/s and i think xbl only requires 276kb/s. not sure about ps3 though.

bless your patience for being able to wait for it to become a platinum hit, lol
brettie vedder
Rundlet Cask

Postby jcskinner » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:39 am

More of a Civilisation man myself.

Never got into the FPS games. I'd be more up for Airsoft or re-enactments. After all, those sort of games you can actually play for real, even without signing up for the British army and packing yourself off to Afghan.

World domination, on the other hand, is something that should probably be only attempted in the virtual arena! :lol:

But I've wiped out a few hours on the new Civ 5 already this week, so it's getting put away till I get some work done.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Postby brettie vedder » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:43 am

jcskinner wrote:More of a Civilisation man myself.

Never got into the FPS games. I'd be more up for Airsoft or re-enactments. After all, those sort of games you can actually play for real, even without signing up for the British army and packing yourself off to Afghan.

World domination, on the other hand, is something that should probably be only attempted in the virtual arena! :lol:

But I've wiped out a few hours on the new Civ 5 already this week, so it's getting put away till I get some work done.

do they have paintball or skirmish here in ireland? its huge in the states and ive always wanted to try it. world domination reminds me of risk...god i love that game. can't get the wife to play though, lol
brettie vedder
Rundlet Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:26 pm

brettie vedder wrote:do they have paintball or skirmish here in ireland? its huge in the states and ive always wanted to try it. world domination reminds me of risk...god i love that game. can't get the wife to play though, lol

Yes Paintballing is quite popular as is Laser Combat

Where are you these days ...

Don't think there is one in Galway but one a bit north ...

Paintballing

See Here

A bit closer

Laser Combat

Here (See Targets and Combat)
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby brettie vedder » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:41 pm

we are up near glenamaddy (kilkerrin), so about 45 minutes from the city. ah not too bad about westport...would be a nice day out. we should get the IWS together for a paintball outing and session :D
brettie vedder
Rundlet Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 pm

brettie vedder wrote:we are up near glenamaddy (kilkerrin), so about 45 minutes from the city. ah not too bad about westport...would be a nice day out. we should get the IWS together for a paintball outing and session :D

Guns and Whiskey don't mix ... we'd just end up killing each other ... ;) :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

There is a crew in Limerick that seems to have a great set up ... see the video.

Combat Zone
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby brettie vedder » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:47 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:
brettie vedder wrote:we are up near glenamaddy (kilkerrin), so about 45 minutes from the city. ah not too bad about westport...would be a nice day out. we should get the IWS together for a paintball outing and session :D

Guns and Whiskey don't mix ... we'd just end up killing each other ... ;) :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

There is a crew in Limerick that seems to have a great set up ... see the video.

Combat Zone

lol, we will save the whiskey for afterwards. ah, maybe one before to warm up

man, that looks awesome. looks like the battle of the bulge, minus the snow
brettie vedder
Rundlet Cask

Return to Everything Else