NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Introduce Yourself

Fell free to introduce yourself. Stop here and say hello.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:22 pm

Welcome on board Dugarry :thumbsup: hopefully we can broaden your non-peated whiskey education.

Glad to hear Connemara appeals to your palette
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby Dugarry » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:33 pm

TheWhiskeyBro wrote:Welcome on board Dugarry :thumbsup: hopefully we can broaden your non-peated whiskey education.

Glad to hear Connemara appeals to your palette

Yeah, interested in the new Turf Mor and would like maybe some suggestions.
I hear people always mentioning Redbreast - never wanted to risk disappintment with buying it but more tempted now to try a few Irish whiskies before totally dismissing it.
Dugarry
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Welcome Dugarry ... dive on in and ask any questions you feel like ... also all whisk(e)y is discussed here so feel free to discuss your scotch fancies too.

However Irish is getting so diverse now that you probably will find some gems in the Irish line up too :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby WhiskeyGoldmine » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey Guys, I'm the WhiskeyGoldmine from http://whiskeygoldmine.com/. I saw some hits coming from this site on Google Analytics so I thought I'd drop by. This is a pretty cool site.

I'm the publisher of Whiskey Goldmine so I'm sure you can tell that I LOVE whiskey! I also love cognac, vodka, beer, wine, tequila, gin, rum, etc.... I love it all. So I try write and review everything I come across. I also write about boxing, mma, sports gambling, and gambling in general.

I'm from Philadelphia USA and I got a beer selection and stacked bar that you would probably murder someone for. :)
WhiskeyGoldmine
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:05 pm

WhiskeyGoldmine wrote:Hey Guys, I'm the WhiskeyGoldmine from http://whiskeygoldmine.com/. I saw some hits coming from this site on Google Analytics so I thought I'd drop by. This is a pretty cool site.

I'm the publisher of Whiskey Goldmine so I'm sure you can tell that I LOVE whiskey! I also love cognac, vodka, beer, wine, tequila, gin, rum, etc.... I love it all. So I try write and review everything I come across. I also write about boxing, mma, sports gambling, and gambling in general.

I'm from Philadelphia USA and I got a beer selection and stacked bar that you would probably murder someone for. :)

Welcome WG .. and fair play to you for that ... I don't know how you get the enery to review all sorts of everything ... I just stick to my main passion of Whiskey eventhough I do like my craft beers and the odd G&T but leave them to others to rave about. Anyway feel free to impart you views if you can manage to.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby danny56712 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi all im from cork and am very interested in investing in irish whiskeys like midleton rares in particular i have researched it but cant find many for sale...
danny56712
Quarter Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:19 pm

danny56712 wrote:Hi all im from cork and am very interested in investing in irish whiskeys like midleton rares in particular i have researched it but cant find many for sale...

You should be able to get bact to 2006 if you search shops etc. There is no quick fix to getting the rest ... if there was we'd all have full collections .... so going back further you'll need patience and keep a constant eye on the likes of Ebay. It could well take you many years to amass a full collection depending on your dedication. Midleton RV are possibly the most collectable Irish whiskies so good luck on that and enjoy the journey.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby idkuhlbrz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:12 pm

My name is Jennifer. I currently live in Idaho, USA. Within the last 10 months had a long time friend introduce me to Irish Whiskey. For someone, who does not drink, I like it and dark beer. So, on this friends birthday, I sent a bottle of Jameson Rare Vintage to him. Apparently, I am an awesome friend. I will be going to Ireland/UK/Scotland in August of 2011 and will need to know where to go and what to see. Definitely will be going to the Bushmills Distillery. I need to retrieve a bottle of 12 yr from them that you can only buy there. My friend is a true Irishman with the liver to prove it. He believes that there is nothing that will make him "warm and fuzzy." I am out to prove him wrong. I need assistance in finding a good stout bottle of fabulous Irish Whiskey. Something to put a little hair on his chest, but smooooth. No bathtub stuff. I am not trying to kill him. haha.
idkuhlbrz
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi Jenifer, and welcome to the forum ... you indeed must be a great friend to gift a Jameson RVR ... what a wonderful present and what a wonderful whiskey. However your friend has posed you a a quest. It sounds like he is saying everything is a touch too light on the alcohol strength stakes ... well if you want to give him the fright of his life there are many peated cask strength scotches fromIslay that may blow that assumption away. However as a "true Irishman" it will need to be Irish. It is quite coincidental though that there is a Brand called the "Irishman" and they have a cask strength rare version of thier whiskey out. So this friend who probably thinks all Irish whiskey is easy to drink at 40% may find this a challange as it is a strong 56% in strength. And if you really want to give him a jolt you can go for a Connemara Cask strength too and that is peated.

Bushmills in the very notth, Midleton in the very south and Bow St in Dublin all have 12yo Distillery bottle exclusively available only at those various locations.

Create a new thread in the Whiskey forum and we can try and advise you on anything you ask.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby ashleywhiskyfan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi everyone my name is Ashley and have been loving the whiskey scene for around 8 years now. Since working in Brooks Hotel a few years back i have loved the stuff and i find nothing more soothing than sitting back with a nice dram. I come from Dublin orginally and in Jan i moved to cavan. Soon be moving back to Dublin again

Favourite whiskies would have to be.....

Irish: Red Breast
Bushmills 10year old Malt
Connemara Peated Single Malt
Green Spot

Scotch: Ardbeg 10 year old
Glengoyne 10 year old
Bowmore Darkest

But thats just a few, i have tried many over the last eight years or so

Anyway thats me
Ash
ashleywhiskyfan
New Spirit

Postby JohnM » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:34 pm

Welcome to the forum Ash.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Ashley and welcome to the forum ... looks like you have plenty of whisk(e)y miles under the belt fair play. Once you get back to home territory you might make a trip back to Brooks for one of the IWS tasting. Hope to see you around the forum.

Sláinte
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby waver929 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey there!

My name is Markus and I'm from Germany, yeah right, on of the Kraut-eaters ;)
But besides eating Kraut I developed a lively interest in whisky a few years ago. ;)
And as my first tasting was an irish whiskey tasting i got stuck with jameson, bushmills and all the cooley stuff.
A good friend of mine, he's from howth, did the rest...

... so here I am, willing to learn and hear more about Irish Whiskey.

My favs at the moment are:

- Jameson 15y. Pure Pot Still
- Redbreast 15y. (old bottling, had no chance to try the new one)
- Yamazaki Sherry Finish
waver929
New Spirit

Postby JohnM » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Welcome Waver.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:48 pm

waver929 wrote:My favs at the moment are:

- Jameson 15y. Pure Pot Still
- Redbreast 15y. (old bottling, had no chance to try the new one)
- Yamazaki Sherry Finish

Looks like there is not much more you need to learn with that top 4 :thumbsup:

And the fact you have sussed out the Jameson 15yo you are already past the novice stage well on your way to being a lost cause ;)
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby GSC » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:41 am

Quite a few new folks have wandered in over the last month or so.

Failte'! Welcome to all.
Whatever doesn't kill you will leave a scar.
GSC
Quarter Cask

Postby bredman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Hey guys.

I thought it time i stopped lurking and sign up. I'm an avid consumer of whisky, so i reckon it's time i upped the whiskey consumption too. It is the produce of the motherland after all. ;)

I re-started my Irish whiskey education some time ago and i'm loving the Irish malts from Cooley. I'm off to Sainsbury, get me some of that Dun Leire - see what the fuss is all about.

Pete
bredman
Bourbon Barrel

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:17 pm

bredman wrote:Hey guys.

I thought it time i stopped lurking and sign up. I'm an avid consumer of whisky, so i reckon it's time i upped the whiskey consumption too. It is the produce of the motherland after all. ;)

Welcome and please do join in we need numbers to keep this place going :thumbsup:

bredman wrote:
I re-started my Irish whiskey education some time ago and i'm loving the Irish malts from Cooley. I'm off to Sainsbury, get me some of that Dun Leire - see what the fuss is all about.

Look forward to your thoughts on the Dun Léire and looks like you in prime position to compare for us having various Cooley Single malts under your belt.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby DavidH » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Scotty, your intro turned into such an interesting discussion I split it off to its own thread here. I look forward to hearing more about your distillation experiments. You are living the dream!
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby DavidS » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:22 pm

New member from Los Angeles. Hello, all.
DavidS
New Spirit

Postby JohnM » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:27 pm

DavidS wrote:New member from Los Angeles. Hello, all.

Welcome David.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Your very welcome, the US Chapter is growing fast ;) ...indeed the beginnings of a fledgling society are already happening in Boston.

Feel free to join in the discussion.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:33 am

Welcome on board DS from LA :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby DavidH » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:40 am

Welcome, DavidS! You have a very elegant and interesting website there. I wish I could help out with the Redbreast cocktail suggestions but it's well outside my area of knowledge. I admire the boldness of selecting Redbreast as a base spirit though. A worthy endeavour!
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby Newloverofwhiskey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Hello!

I'm a soon to be retired man and have found myself enjoying the odd glass of the water of life. This has lead on to becoming a member of a recently established whiskey/whisky appreciation society in the north of nottinghamshire, england where i live. I shall now be posting and reading for research, interest and the love of all aqua vītae!
Newloverofwhiskey
New Spirit

PreviousNext

Return to Introduction