NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

General

Post your Info, research and pictures of Irish Distillery's in this section. Strictly no discussion in threads except explanations if required.

General

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:10 am

You can put any Irish Whiskey related pictures here and also use this to comment or chat about the other picture threads in general.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Re: General

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:17 am

Hi there IWC, as well as in the forum perhaps we should set up a series of folders in flickr (I think David H has set up an account) to retain as a database for images... what do you think..
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:28 am

not sure how that would work or if it would be manageable. I already have most of my images on photobucket and post via web links.

Any images directly loaded on the forum, possibly are saved on the IWS forum server but I think David may be the best person to answer that.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby DavidH » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:31 am

Flickr, that's a very good idea. I'll talk with IWC in a few days' time about perhaps uploading the high-res scans.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby John » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:40 pm

This is a very good idea guys and a welcome addition to the forum. It's always good to be able to visualise the places we spend so much time talking about - as well as those distilleries that are no longer operating.
J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby John » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Distillery Pictures
Post you pictures of Irish Distillery's in this section. Strictly no discussion in threads except explanations if required

Should the above read Irish distilleries instead of Irish Distillery's? Feel free to delete this post correction.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby Pudge72 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Quick question/suggestion - for us Irish whiskey newbies, could the distillery names listed as headings under this sub-forum be amended to indicate which distillieries are active/mothballed/destroyed(or whatever classification term is most appropriate)? I realize that going into each distillery heading would reveal their status by the images posted, but noting it on the heading would provide a quick reference point. Just a small suggestion...thank you for considering this! :thumbsup:
The wishlist is always growing...
Pudge72
Bourbon Barrel

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 am

Very valid point ... Will look into it and sort it out at some stage.

Thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Distillery Info & Pictures