NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Introduce Yourself

Fell free to introduce yourself. Stop here and say hello.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:51 am

ZeClaw wrote:Howrya?

Been a lurker for a while but decided to get involved.

I've been "collecting" Irish whiskeys for about 2 years now in a very amateur way. I travel a lot so spend a lot of my time at The Loop checking what I can afford, but have recently got involved in some auction sites.

My main weakness is pretty much everything from a certain Distillery east of Cork City - though single pot stills will always be my "go-to". My wifes parents live 15 mins away so its always a pitstop when I'm down there.

Looking forward to being involved in the discussions here and there.

All the best,

Claw

Welcome on board.

What's your favourite drop?
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby ZeClaw » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Whiskey! :-D
Whats my budget?!?

I suspect, I'd be fairly average in my tastes. Big fan of many irish whiskeys. most of the middle range stuff.

Top end....I love the RedBreast 21yo. I know its pricy, but flavour wise I'd take it over the recent Midleton VR's. or any of the "premium" scotches like JW Blue.
I have lots of Single Casks/Special editions, but haven't opened them yet - so who knows whats in there!

I'm only starting my Scotch exploration but partial to various Glendronach's at the moment. If I fancy drinking some turf - then Lagavulin 16.
Not a huge fan of the US stuff - but no doubt that will change with experience!

But my "go tos" would be RedBreast 12 or Greenspot (and their various sherry cask variants!) - These are the ones that hooked me on this nectar!
ZeClaw
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Welcome ZeClaw, you've set yourself up nice with your go too drinks already. Just a matter of experimenting from here on it and see what suits you. You may buy a whiskey which you don't overly like but that lets you know what you like and as you go forward you may come back and see a different side to something you thought you didn't like and go ahh now I get it. Enjoy the journey :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby wchurst » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:23 am

Good Day All!

Nice little site you have here, and I'm glad to see one that is specifically focus on Irish whisky !!!

My name is Walter Hurst, and I am not much of a whisky connoisseur in any major way (though I like a
tot or two almost daily), but I have been a "bottle buff" with regards to collecting, dating & appraising
older bottle of spirits for nearly 10 years now... I can be found on several similar whisky sites helping
others to get answer to their bottle questions: Just websearch for me as "wchurst" & the any words
like "Whisky"/"Whiskey" and you will see what I mean.
:o

I'm hoping to see some interesting older bottles here, and to lending a hand with questions regarding
dating/age & valuation... So drag out those photos, and let's see what answer we can find for you!

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
Santa Rosa, CA USA
wchurst
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi Walter, great to have you on board, hopefully you can add to our forum with some nuggets of information as we do get a lot of queries on old bottles.

:thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Crisis400 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi All,
I'm John,
Compare to all here, I am just a wee budding Whiskey enthusiast. Very naive, I have been collecting Whiskey for a few years and accumulated about 30 bottles. Mind you they are Tullamore Dew as I work there.
I just love the smell, and the process that goes into making it.

I'm looking to learn from the best here, as recently pricing my collection, my wife reminded me that I do not have any overly expensive or exotic bottles. Thus I guess I must learn what is collectable and what is not.
Thanks for accepting me to your site.
Crisis400
New Spirit

Paul's intro

Postby tuitep » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi Guys,
My name is Paul Tuite, living in Co Laois.
I like collecting whiskey from all over the world and occasional seller.
I am interested in artisan whiskey & spirits distillery & production.
Currently i like Irish and Welsh whiskey with Penderyn being a favorite producer.
tuitep
New Spirit

Postby tonysecil » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi,
My name is Tony Secil from Cork.
I got interested in whiskey a long time ago but only recently started to collect a few moderately expensive ones and am only in my infancy as far as collecting is concerned.
Previously I used to drink the stuff but now I tend to buy to keep. Never know I may work my way through the collection at some stage.
My favourites include Bush 21 yr old, Midleton VR and Green spot. I do however drink the ordinary Jameson normally.
I am open to buying selling or swapping if the situation arises.
Looking forward to taking part.
Regards All,
Tony
tonysecil
New Spirit

Previous

Return to Introduction