NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

I just finished a bottle of...

Let's talk whiskey.

Re: I just finished a bottle of...

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am

Just emptied the bottle bin at the recycling bank. A few bottles now laid to rest over the last few months.

Chapter 7 13yo Sherry Single Cask @ 59.5%. I really love this so much so I have started a second and have a 3rd in the cellar.
Jameson 18yo, lovely stuff but I can't really justify the price so probably will not have another for a long while.
West Cork Dha Chasca, this is obviously a Cooley and is matured in Bodega Sherry casks & finished in double charred first fill Bourbon casks. Was hard for me to get past the young cooley style as I don't think cooley comes into it's own until well into it's late teen and early 20's. Not a bad effort though and the price point was very fair. West Cork are starting to get things going. Give them another few years and they might have a few winners.
Johnny Walker Gold Label. A wonderful blend from JW and highly recommended. Smooth & easy drinking but complex all the same and full of flavour.
Makers MArk one of my fave bourbons and sadly no replacement for the time being.
Clarkes Bourbon (Aldi) @ €15 a bottle this is not bad at all. Does for a quick nip with ice after a few beers.
Glen Marnoch Peated single Malt from Aldi. These were very cheap and well worth teh price. A bit young and fiery though but does the job. Often used it to blend with non peated Scotch and does a rgeat job of peating non peated whisky ;)
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 am

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Just emptied the bottle bin at the recycling bank. A few bottles now laid to rest over the last few months.

Chapter 7 13yo Sherry Single Cask @ 59.5%. I really love this so much so I have started a second and have a 3rd in the cellar.
Jameson 18yo, lovely stuff but I can't really justify the price so probably will not have another for a long while.
West Cork Dha Chasca, this is obviously a Cooley and is matured in Bodega Sherry casks & finished in double charred first fill Bourbon casks. Was hard for me to get past the young cooley style as I don't think cooley comes into it's own until well into it's late teen and early 20's. Not a bad effort though and the price point was very fair. West Cork are starting to get things going. Give them another few years and they might have a few winners.
Johnny Walker Gold Label. A wonderful blend from JW and highly recommended. Smooth & easy drinking but complex all the same and full of flavour.
Makers MArk one of my fave bourbons and sadly no replacement for the time being.
Clarkes Bourbon (Aldi) @ €15 a bottle this is not bad at all. Does for a quick nip with ice after a few beers.
Glen Marnoch Peated single Malt from Aldi. These were very cheap and well worth teh price. A bit young and fiery though but does the job. Often used it to blend with non peated Scotch and does a rgeat job of peating non peated whisky ;)

That's a mighty selection. I tried the Glen Marnoch and thought the same. Definitely worth a go. I'll have to try that Chapter 7. I've heard great things about them.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Don't worry Willie I was not swilling full bottles all over Christmas or anything. For instance JW Gold was opened in in August as I got in on holiers last year and opened it the minute I got home :lol:
Jameson 18yo was on the go for much longer possibly 2016 and the Chapter 7 was in between those.
I've circa 20 open currently which is very good for me as I often have much much more ... Being sensible in my old age :roll:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Whiskey