NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Dingle Single Pot Still

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

Dingle Single Pot Still

Postby Joyce88 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Anyone heard anything about the first release of Dingle's Single Pot Still?
Just seen it in a shop in Galway and nabbed myself a bottle.
Joyce88
New Spirit

Re: Dingle Single Pot Still

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:53 pm

I've been looking down in Wexford but no luck unfortunately.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby Anjinsan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:34 am

Hi Joyce88,

If you come across any others please let me know, I am trying to get my grubby mitts on one!

Thanks,
Ian
Anjinsan
Quarter Cask

Postby John » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Not sure what Dingle are up to with this. The release has been completely clouded in mystery and everywhere I go to buy it (and I’m talking about major outlets) the managers are making serious complaints about them due to the lack of both information and supply. They seem to have scored a major own goal unfortunately by the sounds of it.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby pigs nose » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:33 pm

John wrote:Not sure what Dingle are up to with this. The release has been completely clouded in mystery and everywhere I go to buy it (and I’m talking about major outlets) the managers are making serious complaints about them due to the lack of both information and supply. They seem to have scored a major own goal unfortunately by the sounds of it.

Presumably they are playing up the fact that collectors are buying their whiskies and selling them on at inflated prices. So keeping the initial releases very limited means that they can build hype about the brand being exclusive etc.

Haven't tried the Dingle myself, but from what others have said and given that their oldest whiskey can be no more than 5-6 years old, I can't imagine that it's a particularly nice whiskey to drink.

Then again, they may just be disorganised and are debating whether to keep more whiskey to age further or whether to release it now!
pigs nose
New Spirit

Postby Raven » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pm

For anyone interested I have a 2nd. Dingle SuperValu
if anyone has a 2nd. Dingle Pot Still that they want to
swap -- if interested send me a PM !
Raven
Rundlet Cask

Postby John » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi Raven,
You don’t have a second / spare latest Dingle Single Malt Cask Strength by any chance?
Cheers,
John.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Return to Collectors Corner