NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Looking for Dingle Irish Whiskey

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

Looking for Dingle Irish Whiskey

Postby nickw14 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:15 pm

I am currently in the hunt for some Irish Whiskey to add to my others. I am seeking the following Dingle Bottles.

Batch 1
Batch 1 Cask Strength
Port/Bourbon for Supervalu Shops

I have some Midleton Very Rare that can be used as swaps as well as Jameson 12 and Jameson Gold and some other Glendronach Danish Release.

Thanks in advance!
nickw14
New Spirit

Re: Looking for Dingle Irish Whiskey

Postby David O Connell » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:12 am

Hi,

Drinkstore.ie had Batch 1 very recently so give them a shout. They may still have some.

Cask Strength will prove alot harder. Looking for it myself and was asked for €400 recently for a bottle which I'm definitely not paying.

The Super Valu release was gone off the shelves the minute it landed on them. You may still find one but you'll be doing very well.
David O Connell
New Spirit

Postby Raven » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:20 pm

The SuperValu release was certainly not cheap when you consider what you are getting is a
4 year old whiskey in an ornate bottle for 78 Euro. When are we going to see an actual release from Dingle
which will be their flagship brand or is it all going to be 'super-premium' releases for a collector
type market rather than a drinking market.???
Raven
Rundlet Cask

Postby Sceach » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Raven wrote:The SuperValu release was certainly not cheap when you consider what you are getting is a
4 year old whiskey in an ornate bottle for 78 Euro. When are we going to see an actual release from Dingle
which will be their flagship brand or is it all going to be 'super-premium' releases for a collector
type market rather than a drinking market.???

I suspect we are going to see limited releases for some time at least. Dingle do not have a large production capability. From their own perspective, there are plusses and minuses. My local offie where I got issue 1 was not given any issue2.......they do not like Dingle as a result. There is a danger.....and Dingle must manage it.....that they will be seen as moneygrubbers creating "scarcities".

Against this, Dingle did not buy in whiskey and pass it off as their own. It is a genuine new Irish whiskey. :sunny:
Sceach
New Spirit

Postby Raven » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Against this, Dingle did not buy in whiskey and pass it off as their own. It is a genuine new Irish whiskey. :sunny:

They did have Dingle 8 yr. old, Dingle 16 yr.old and Dingle Gold to get their name out there.
Admittedly the first two were very scarce and I bought them up at their stand @ 'Whiskylive'
in 2012 but to be fair I did not see them elsewhere. Cooley stock I believe!
Raven
Rundlet Cask

Postby ssascott » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm

I bought a Dingle 16 miniature in the Temple Bar shop two years ago. Almost drank it on the plane on the way home, but had something else instead. Now I'm glad I didn't! Looks great in the collection next to the Batch 1.
ssascott
Quarter Cask

Return to Collectors Corner