NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Cigars and whiskey pairings

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

Cigars and whiskey pairings

Postby wirf93 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Trying to find a good cigar that will go good with a few glasses
Buashmills black,Jameson,Michael Collins.
wirf93
New Spirit

Re: Cigars and whiskey pairings

Postby JohnM » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:13 am

Sorry, I don't know anything about cigars myself, but it would be a good one for a tasting... They might have some info here, until one of our cigar smokers pitches in - http://www.cigaraficionado.com/
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:43 pm

I'm not a Cigar aficionado so could not recommend actual cigars to go with what ever whiskey

But the Blackbush is a good one to go with cigars in general. Basically some of the heavier and sweeter whiskeys go well with cigars.

Bourbon is also good with a cigar.

I would imagine lighter cigars would go better with the likes of Jameson and the Michael Collins.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby IainB » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:50 pm

JohnM wrote:Sorry, I don't know anything about cigars myself, but it would be a good one for a tasting... They might have some info here, until one of our cigar smokers pitches in - http://www.cigaraficionado.com/

Or course the tasting would have to be held outdoors. Maybe one for summer.

There's always that Dalmore Cigar malt by the way, which was supposedly designed to drink with a cigar. Which I suppose is no help really seeing as it was Cigars asked for rather than whiskeys. Sorry.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby Liam Murray » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:48 pm

A few suggestions for cigars and whiskey.
There is an interesting tubed cigar called Vasco de Gama whiskey cigar which is aged with Glenfarclas single malt.
That could kill two birds with the one stone, don't you think? I prefer a Partagas number 4 with a whiskey. It;s strong so you need a good drop to cope with it. The Grafton Corona is also a good everyday match for whiskey.
This one is available in The Decent Cigar Company Dublin or ourselves here in The Wine Centre Kilkenny. Better still, drop in to us and taste some Irish whiskey and stick you head in our humidor while your are at it.
Regards to all , Liam Murray.
Liam Murray
Quarter Cask

Postby ChristianBay » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:29 pm

I know just a little bit about cigars....I smoke them sometimes...I like it with whiskey and coffe...these all just help me to relax and to stand with my thoughts))
I'm using 2000Cigars for buying cigars. I prefer dominican origin cigars: Arturo Fuente or CAO cigars :thumbsup:
Whiskey Jameson - one of the greatest Irish Whiskey. I love it!
ChristianBay
New Spirit

Postby ssascott » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:33 am

OK, I chose to keep posting on an old thread rather than starting a new one. Had a group over for dinner. Afterwards, cracked open the Tyrconnell 16 year old with some H Upmann Media Coronas from Cuba. It was a big hit! I would love to hear about your Irish-Cuban success stories.
ssascott
Quarter Cask

Postby old bridge » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

I generally smoke a pipe, but occasionally I indulge in a nice Havana.
My favourites are Montecristo no. 2, Partagas Series P no. 2 and Partagas Series D no 4.
They are all rather powerful cigars, but have lovely flavours.
Of the Irish whiskeys that have paired well are all Redbreasts and Powers. Maybe it is the potstill that is big enough to complement the cigars.
old bridge
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks for the tip on the Redbreast, I have some Montecristo Corona's and Cohiba Siglo II's which I might try with the Redbreast Cask Strength :thumbsup:

Also have a few small Fonsecas but not the best always found them to tight but maybe that's because I'm not a regular smoker.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Everything Else