NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Midleton Dair Gaelach Tree 8

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

Midleton Dair Gaelach Tree 8

Postby Noel1888 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a bottle of Midleton Dair Gaelach Tree 8. I know that Trees No. 1, 6 and 8 were destined for US markets. I have bottles from Trees No 1 and 6 but I have not found a single bottle from Tree 8. Any help would be appreciated. Noel
Noel1888
New Spirit

Re: Midleton Dair Gaelach Tree 8

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi Noel,

I stand to be corrected, but Tree 1 went exclusively to South Africa as far as I know.

Tree 6 is still relatively easy to find in the US.

Tree 8 is more difficult to find, with only a few retailers carrying according to my sources. ;)

Cheers TWB
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:30 pm

I've heard that the South African allocation didn't sell so most were repackaged for the US market. That means the SA ones out there would be very rare. This has yet to be confirmed.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:16 am

Hi Will,

Midleton Dair Gaelach Tree 1

They were hardly repackaged? Possibly re-allocated, can anyone shed light on the allocation and distribution of MDG Tree 1

Cheers Leo
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby mclog » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:42 am

Hi All,
I found Tree 1 last summer in Chicago. Then Tree 6 on the east coast...plenty of availability.

When I called Midleton gift shop, they told me Tree 8 went to South Africa...not south America as I had assumed. Then i scowered the net and anything in south africa. Nothing. So I tried South America (why not). Still no luck! I was completely confused at this point.

So, I walk into a liquor store in florida, and BAM! There it was! I got the one bottle they had out. Said that was it. No more coming. There has to be more than one bottle of Tree 8 in the world. maybe they have all been drunk or sold to pubs to pour. i really don't know.

Sorry, for the long answer but I am still on the hunt. Should i turn up on another bottle ill post it here.

Cheers
MC
mclog
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Congrats on the find ... half of fun is the hunt and the satisfaction you get from tracking it down.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Collectors Corner