NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Shipping whiskey across the EU

Let's talk whiskey.

Shipping whiskey across the EU

Postby Pontcarre » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:03 pm

I have a friend in Spain that I would like to share some 30ml samples of good Irish whiskey with but Anpost says shipping any liquids internationally is forbidden by law.

Does anybody knows how to ship whiskey across the EU? Any ideas or alternatives to Anpost?
Pontcarre
New Spirit

Re: Shipping whiskey across the EU

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:37 am

Correct AnPost do ban the mailing of liquids and actually specifically mention alcohol as a banned substance to send through the post.

However I have always used AnPost for posting samples as they are easy to post and do not raise usually raise questions at the counter when posting.
Use small boxes as opposed to envelopes and pack well making sure they do not bang off each other.

It's the posting of full bottles that I would not go though AnPost as you have no cover if anything does go wrong.

For full bottles I've used ecoparcel.eu a few times with out any issue and although it is not the fastest service probably the cheapest.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby JohnM » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:06 am

You can go with DHL but 2kg will cost 60 or 70 euro by road...
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby DAISY » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:08 pm

Hello Folks,
I have being trying to find a post which made a comment about the downside of selling rare bottles on international whiskey auctions. If I can remember it said something about generally not getting near the price quoted on auctioneer's valuation. Has anyone had experience good or bad of this situation.
Regards,
Daisy
DAISY
New Spirit

Postby Pontcarre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:02 am

I don't see the relation between good or bad experiences with auctioneers and shipping samples of whiskey across the EU.
Pontcarre
New Spirit

Return to Whiskey