NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Redbreast All Sherry Edition.... Mano a Lámh

Let's talk whiskey.

Redbreast All Sherry Edition.... Mano a Lámh

Postby GaryO » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Is it wrong to be this excited...?
GaryO
New Spirit

Re: Redbreast All Sherry Edition....

Postby GaryO » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Redbreast announce all sherry limited edition releasing in Feb

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?st ... ry_index=0
GaryO
New Spirit

Re: Redbreast All Sherry Edition.... Mano a Lámh

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:32 pm

No it's not and Now available on the singlepotstill website.

Mano a lámh (translated as Hand in Hand) is now available to Single Pot Still . Com members.

Limited to 2 per person and delivery with in the EU only unfortunately. And on examining the pics I think it has been bottled at 46% which is excellent.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm led to believe that it is a limited run of 2000 bottle so people will need to get going on this.

I like the hemp style packaging too ...

have a drool over this :thumbsup:

REDBREAST Mano a Lámh 3.jpg
REDBREAST Mano a Lámh 3.jpg (281.63 KiB) Viewed 7392 times
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:17 pm

This won't last long. Limited to 2000 bottles and exclusive to singlepotstill.com "stillmen". I was lucky to get a taste of this last week and it won't disappoint. The tasting mat said 2012 so I assumed 14 year old would be on it. There's no age statement from what I can see.

(Is there a way to upload photos from an iPhone without them taking huge space?)
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby Luke Gough » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:05 pm

GaryO wrote:Is it wrong to be this excited...?

Perfectly natural! Just ordered my Quota!!! :D
Luke Gough
Bourbon Barrel

Postby JohnM » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Luke Gough wrote:
GaryO wrote:Is it wrong to be this excited...?

Perfectly natural! Just ordered my Quota!!! :D

I'd be very suspicious about anyone who isn't excited about this.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Good Whiskey Hunting wrote:This won't last long. Limited to 2000 bottles and exclusive to singlepotstill.com "stillmen". I was lucky to get a taste of this last week and it won't disappoint. The tasting mat said 2012 so I assumed 14 year old would be on it. There's no age statement from what I can see.

(Is there a way to upload photos from an iPhone without them taking huge space?)

2012!!!! That would make it barely a 3year old Willie ;) Did you mean 2002 by any chance???

I'd guess they used a variety of ages to get the right profile they were looking for and at the price I can't see it being totally 14year old whiskey given the 15year is a frightening price ... hence no age statement.

However I don't really mind how old it is as I've been waiting a very long time for something like this and can't wait for it to land on my door step. They don't release anything bad in my opinion.

Welldone IDL, my taste buds are watering already :twisted:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:06 pm

Sorry Adrian I meant 2002. I tried posting a picture but I wasy taking up too much space, it was 4 times the size of the screen on the phone.

I'll em the photo to you and you may be able to post it.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby John » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:20 pm

It's a NAS, but my impression is that it is RB 12yo given that it's the only release that is mentioned in the accompanying background information provided?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Good Whiskey Hunting wrote:Sorry Adrian I meant 2002. I tried posting a picture but I wasy taking up too much space, it was 4 times the size of the screen on the phone.

I'll em the photo to you and you may be able to post it.

Sound WIllie, great news ... so from that nugget we can take it that it is a 12year old. Whooo hooo.

It's all getting better by the minute.

And from what you say it is something to look forward to.

It's like Christmas all over again... The excitement builds :mrgreen:

Redbreast Sherry Cask Clue.jpg
Redbreast Sherry Cask Clue.jpg (66.9 KiB) Viewed 7375 times
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Ah now Christmas has nothing on this. This is better than a second coming. We had the awesome 21 year old in 2013, great but pricy enough to exclude many. This is the same price as the regular in a supermarket but is limited and exclusive.

I mentioned to some people that the singlepotstill.com site had noting new for months and then out of the blue the launch this baby for the members. They must be taking a leaf out of the societys book and give their members exclusive bottlings. I'm looking forward to more.
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby JRB » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 pm

I am a "Stillman" :salut: but cannot find any info on the site when I login. Anyone have an idea why? I am very disappointed to hear it is EU only... Maybe that's my problem? I very much hope to get my hands on one.

I took part in a couple different categories of the Irish Whiskey Awards and ended up ranking (blind tasting mind you) RB 15, 21, and 12 the top three overall! :D
JRB
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:31 am

JRB wrote:I am a "Stillman" :salut: but cannot find any info on the site when I login. Anyone have an idea why? I am very disappointed to hear it is EU only... Maybe that's my problem? I very much hope to get my hands on one.

I took part in a couple different categories of the Irish Whiskey Awards and ended up ranking (blind tasting mind you) RB 15, 21, and 12 the top three overall! :D

Sorry to hear JRB, yes maybe the fact your outside the EU it's not showing up.

Once in the Stillhouse (after login) you should see Shop under the welcome tab on the left.

However how are you getting to the general site? On initial landing at the site as with most of these sites you first have to go through the age Verification page. On this page you also are asked to set your location so if you have that automatically set it may already be banning you.

If you can re-do any of those steps and set it to ireland you maybe able to see it. (Just a guess though) and if you have someone in Ireland (or anywhere the EU etc) you maybe able to get you order sent to them.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby MyIrishHome » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Is it matured all the time in sherry cask or are we talking finnish procedure here?
MyIrishHome
Quarter Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:52 pm

MyIrishHome wrote:Is it matured all the time in sherry cask or are we talking finnish procedure here?

Yes, Fully matured in Sherry (Not a finish) so something to really look forward to by us sherry heads 8-) And we are thinking it is circa a 12yo.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Luke Gough » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:05 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:
MyIrishHome wrote:Is it matured all the time in sherry cask or are we talking finnish procedure here?

Yes, Fully matured in Sherry (Not a finish) so something to really look forward to by us sherry heads 8-) And we are thinking it is circa a 12yo.

Jim Clarke, and Meself are looking for clarification re Cask Ages/Provenance for Redbreast Mano a Lámh - can anyone out there help?
Luke Gough
Bourbon Barrel

Postby JRB » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:22 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:
JRB wrote:I am a "Stillman" :salut: but cannot find any info on the site when I login. Anyone have an idea why? I am very disappointed to hear it is EU only... Maybe that's my problem? I very much hope to get my hands on one.

Sorry to hear JRB, yes maybe the fact your outside the EU it's not showing up.

Once in the Stillhouse (after login) you should see Shop under the welcome tab on the left.

However how are you getting to the general site? On initial landing at the site as with most of these sites you first have to go through the age Verification page. On this page you also are asked to set your location so if you have that automatically set it may already be banning you.

If you can re-do any of those steps and set it to ireland you maybe able to see it. (Just a guess though) and if you have someone in Ireland (or anywhere the EU etc) you maybe able to get you order sent to them.

I tried that trick already - it wasn't fooling anyone. Maybe it's peaking at the IP address. Alas, no "shop" section at all when I log in. I won't be giving up... I'll get a taste of it one way or another!
JRB
New Spirit

Postby patricksparis » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:59 pm

I just ordered fine from paris
patricksparis
New Spirit

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:02 am

JRB wrote:I tried that trick already - it wasn't fooling anyone. Maybe it's peaking at the IP address. Alas, no "shop" section at all when I log in. I won't be giving up... I'll get a taste of it one way or another!

Do you get to Ireland often? If you are, contact the forum and I'm sure someone will make sure you'll be able to get one. Keep us posted!
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby JohnM » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:38 am

Redbreast Whiskey: Mano a Lámh has no age statement to allow our Master Blender, Billy Leighton further freedom to choose from a range of ages to achieve his desired profile. We can advise however that the youngest whiskey used is 13 years old. Let us know what you think of it Stephen!
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:31 pm

My Redbreast Mano a Lamh parcel arrived this morning, so excited, can wait to open it!
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby Alicja » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:21 pm

ordered 2 bottles for me - cant wait to get them delivered :) I wish I could get a baby bottle as well for quick sampling.
People from outside EU - did you try to use proxy to see the shop? sometimes it works, but I think even if it let you to see the offer, company wont send to different places:/
Alicja
Quarter Cask

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:49 pm

I just got mine. The packaging is even better than I expected. bd)
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Got mine too .... arrived as if it had been chilled is was so cold but that is just the week that is in it.

Anyway could not resost so cracked it open at lunch time :oops: (I know very bold but really only a tiny bit ..... the advantages of working at home ;) )

As I said it was quite cold so looking forward to a warmer drop later.

Anyway

Nose: Closely described on the label I get big sweet Raisin and this earthyness not quite matching the mustiness for some older expressions but a welcome addition too with a rich sherryness trying to burst through the dried fruit but not quite

Mouth Feel is very thick and smooth and buttery

Taste: big round and lip smacking gets you right in the cheeks with a nice pinch of spice in there too but the sweetness is still to the fore.

Finish: buttery butterscotch drying quickly (gin like) with a noticable lick of wood at the end.

I really need to revisit as the sample was really chilled but like a child I could not wait.

This for me does not dissapoint ... however not the sherry monster I was expecting or hoping for (maybe it will be more pronounced when at room temp) but a wonderful expression at the same time.

I'll pop back tomorrow and let ye know if anything has changed in the next sample :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Good Whiskey Hunting wrote:I just got mine. The packaging is even better than I expected. bd)

Totally agree, really nice and have you smelled the bag? To me and maybe it's my over exuberance but it's like there is a nuance of mustiness from a warehouse on them.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Next

Return to Whiskey