NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

New venue for April tasting!

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

New venue for April tasting!

Postby John » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Just in case you, like me, thought that we are in the long standing Brooks Hotel for this month's tasting - we're not! We are instead in the celubrious surroundings of the Gresham Hotel on O'Connell street!
See you there!
J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Re: New venue for April tasting!

Postby DavidH » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Any chance of an email reminder out to everyone? It's not a short walk from one to the other.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby Fionnán » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:15 pm

I agree with David, someone should send out an email as i've been asked a few times where it's going on.
Fionnán
Bourbon Barrel

Postby John » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 pm

That's exactly why I posted above! I only became aware of the venue change when an eagle-eyed friend of mine drew my attention to it. Not just an e-mail required at this stage, I would also suggest someone be at Brooks up until 20:15 or so in order to re-direct members that might not have been made aware?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby Luke Gough » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:06 am

GENTLEMEN!!!

PLEASE UPDATE THE VENUE ON THE EVENTS/BOOKING PAGE FROM "TBA" TO "THE GRESHAM HOTEL"!!! :shock:

PLEASE!!! :roll:
Luke Gough
Bourbon Barrel

Postby Fionnán » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Totally agree with Luke. Some sort of email might prevent an 80-attendant scale cross-liffey fiasco tonight...
Fionnán
Bourbon Barrel

Return to Society