NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

June Tasting Event - The Society's Favourite Scotch

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

June Tasting Event - The Society's Favourite Scotch

Postby Stephen » Fri May 25, 2012 12:11 am

Ok, we're going for something different for our June tasting and we're opening up the floor to our members to discuss the their favourite Scotch ....

What we're looking for is a number of volunteers to select a bottle of their favourite scotch and then explain why it is their favourite. So take the favoured dusty bottle off the shelf and drop me an email at stephen dot young at irishwhiskeysociety dot com

Do not post up on the forum which bottle you intend to present, I will collate the different bottles and will select 6 bottles in total that are different enough. We will reimburse the members for their bottles (fair market value, but capped at 50-60 euro, so unfortunately that bottle of Bowmore 64 will have to stay on the shelf)

At the end of the evening we'll vote on who presented the most compelling case for their whisky so you'll have to be at your most convincing ....
Stephen
Rundlet Cask

Re: June Tasting Event - The Society's Favourite Scotch

Postby Stephen » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Booking is now open for this event .... still time to get involved and include your favourite Scotch ....
Stephen
Rundlet Cask

Postby markcraig » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Can I just say I had a great night at this event.

Was great to meet an enthusiastic bunch of people and taste some very interesting drinks, which ranged from superb to offensive on my palette.

Could I be cheeky and ask someone to remind me of the names of the six for future reference?
Sláinte

Mark Craig
Marketing masters student, drinks industry enthusiast
markgarthcraig@gmail.com
markcraig
New Spirit

Postby Stephen » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:00 pm

The six whiskies and the order in which we had them were:
Dalmore 12 year old
Glenfiddich 15 year old
Hazelburn
Talisker
Glenfarcas 15 year old
Ardbeg 10 year old

Full details on the event along with the scoring will be posted on our events pages shortly.

Gland you enjoyed the event, hope to see you at another one soon ....
Stephen
Rundlet Cask

Return to Society