NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Bushmills Live

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

Bushmills Live

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm

Bushmills Live competition gets under way today ...#

Would you believe it I was picked in a Short list of 10 to win this Ireland section of this competition to go to a cool gig (Snow Patrol Headlining :thumbsup: ) in the distillery but even more exciting a chance to blend my own unique Bushmills 8-) .

Unfortunately you can't seem to enter a competition these days with out going through facebook and more shameless plugging :oops: .

Why can't they just pick a name out of a hat any more ???? :roll:

I reckon I have no chance as I have a very limited facebook group of friends but if people like to help please follow the link.

Vote Now

Select Ireland and Vote for Adrian & Fiona :thumbsup:

If your already on my friends list I think you get an auto invite to vote ... :|
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Re: Bushmills Live

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Cheers Bro you have my vote, put a link on the IWS Facebook page also best of luck
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby DavidH » Tue May 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Best of luck with that. I hope you get to go.

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Why can't they just pick a name out of a hat any more ????

I was idly speculating about Bushmills' marketing strategy recently. I reckon they want people to imagine being at the distillery where the whiskey is made. That's why this is the third year in a row they have had a competition to visit the distillery and you have to jump through some hoops to show your enthusiasm for getting there.

Being able to visit the distillery distinguishes them from Jameson. The strategy makes sense, I think, even though it deters me from entering.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue May 08, 2012 10:06 pm

DavidH wrote:Best of luck with that. I hope you get to go.

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Why can't they just pick a name out of a hat any more ????

I was idly speculating about Bushmills' marketing strategy recently. I reckon they want people to imagine being at the distillery where the whiskey is made. That's why this is the third year in a row they have had a competition to visit the distillery and you have to jump through some hoops to show your enthusiasm for getting there.

Being able to visit the distillery distinguishes them from Jameson. The strategy makes sense, I think, even though it deters me from entering.

Must admit I was sucked into this unwittingly. If I had known it was a facebook voting thingy I would of stayed well clear. Bloody hell I have well under 100 facebook "friends" and I probably could cut those in half as the other half are industry people. Then I know people with hundreds of FB friends ... basically I haven't a hope but what can you do ... They might send me a bottle of Bushmills White for coming last ;) :lol:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Everything Else