NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Society Membership 2012

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

Society Membership 2012

Postby Stephen » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Don't forget to renew your membership of the society for the coming year ... we have a number of options for membership and these can be booked via our booking site http://www.bookwhen.com/iws

You can buy a membership package as a gift for a friend, this can be standalone membership, or one coupled with 1 or 4 tastings. If you purchase thus as a gift you can specify whether you want the membership letter to be sent before or after christmas
Stephen
Rundlet Cask

Re: Society Membership 2012

Postby rathbeggan » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Stephen, everyone,

It might be worth making clear that combining the membership with one of the tasting options gives you a discount - that wasn't clear to me till I saw Jim's mail today (Fri 23 December), and I still had to go to the booking page to see the full details. Nor did I realise the discount ends on 31 December.

You could say something like - book membership and one tasting - save €5; book membership and four tastings - save €10.

I'm not giving out but it might improve the take up and prevent people complaining they didn't know there was an offer.
Success to Temperance
rathbeggan
Quarter Cask

Postby DavidH » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:48 pm

I got very excited when I saw the offer of "4 free tastings" in today's email and hopped on over to BookWhen. Sadly, I think it was a mistake...
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby John » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Have the discount codes been sent out to members yet? Went to book the Greenspot tasting and realised that I didn't have mine so couldn't book it. Also it seems to be suggesting a member discount price of €15 - is that right because it's the same as the regular member price. In addition, it also seems to be saying (unless I have read it incorrectly) that you can only book the discount tickets one week in advance? Clarification appreciated!
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby DavidH » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 pm

I haven't got my codes either. I'm guessing that each code subtracts €15 from the cost of the ticket selected. I don't see the point of having a separate €15 ticket listed for those who prepaid. It should be possible to make the code work on the normal ticket.

The other condition says you can only book a prepaid ticket *up to* one week in advance. I can't imagine the reason for that either. Why put prepayers at a disadvantage? Surely they are doing the society a favour. And yeah, you could take that either way: prepaid ticket only available within one week of the event, or prepaid ticket only available prior to one week in advance.

I'm not a fan of complicated. There should be one ticket price and the membership fee should be €20. That way anyone could join even if they can't make it to tastings in Dublin.
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:15 am

Apologies for the delay, the codes have now been sent out to people with instructions on how to use them. I apologise if it seems complicated to use, but there is an element of manual checking required which will ensure that these are correctly used.

When using the codes please select the option Prepaid entry to the tasting event and enter the code you have been supplied with, this will discount the price 100%. Please ensure that you use the email address that the code has been sent to when booking entry to the event, this will make it easier to keep track of the use of the vouchers.

The reason why we are looking to close down the voucher bookings 1 week prior to the event is to see how much effort is involved in the administration of the vouchers, if this is not excessive then we will remove this condition.
Stephen
Rundlet Cask

Postby DavidH » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:29 am

Awesome! I am booked in now. Thank you, Stephen. It's a lot of extra work for you, I am sure.
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Return to Society