NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

September 2011

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

September 2011

Postby Stephen » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:40 pm

OK, September is hotting up to be a busy month whiskey wise, there are 2 Society events to look forward to, the booking pages are now open: http://www.bookwhen.com/iws

The first event (21st Sept) is a special evening that our friends in IDL are hosting for us in Bow St, this is a tasting night for a new whiskey that'll be launched later in the month, this tasting event is free to members of the society but booking is essential so we can provide numbers.

We have our normal tasting event at the end of Sept (29th) and promises to be an very interesting evening where we'll pick the best value whiskey through a series of head to heads. All tasting will be carried out blind so there'll be no pre-conceptions to influence the selection, it'll just be the raw whiskey to prove itself.
Stephen
Rundlet Cask

Re: September 2011

Postby Dec » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:37 pm

booked in for both and looking forward to them lads.

Looks like it's gonna be even busier for me as I've just found out about more whiskey available at the RDS this weekendwww.irishcraftbeerfestival.com
Dec
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Hope to make this Wednesday but won't make regular tasting :-(
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby JohnM » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:42 pm

My apologies, but because I'll have to look after my sick children, I cannot make tonight's event. Sorry for the late notice. I don't know how to cancel my booking so that someone else can go instead.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:50 am

JohnM wrote:My apologies, but because I'll have to look after my sick children, I cannot make tonight's event. Sorry for the late notice. I don't know how to cancel my booking so that someone else can go instead.

Hi John, Don't think you blocked anyone so no fear there. And I have a sample for you also. Will mail you.

The SPS night was an very enjoyable night. We got to taste the Greenspot, Redbreast 12yo, Redbreast 15yo, Power's John's Lane 12yo, the Midleton Barry Crockett Legacy. Guided by Liam Donegan same as last time but my first time to meet him. We'd all tasted the whiskeys before so we had a good chat on more technical details and the process which was very enlightening.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby varizoltan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:05 pm

...and we had the surprise Whiskey, what WE can not name jet (we promised), but if someone looking around at other whisk(e)y sites, they are reviewing it all over the place ;)

but the best news is, it will be on the selfs in Ireland by tuesday :thumbsup:
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby DavidH » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:54 pm

It's OK, the embargo is off. I have just posted my own thoughts:

http://www.irishwhiskeynotes.com/2011/0 ... nched.html
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby damienmcguigan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:28 am

Sounds superb, the more SPS we have the better in my opinion
damienmcguigan
Quarter Cask

Postby John » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:33 pm

As an SPS fan, I thought that it was a great night. Most of the tasting list has been highlighted above and it's always a pleasure to be able to taste the whiskeys in that particular class side by side. Clearly IDL and of course Midleton in particular are putting a lot of time and expertise into the development of an integral element of what is our national spirit and they should be commended for it. By the sounds of it there are great things in store for the years ahead and it's a journey I'm looking forward to!
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby JohnM » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 pm

JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Return to Society