NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Feedback

Fell free to introduce yourself. Stop here and say hello.

Re: Feedback

Postby DavidH » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:24 am

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Strong passwords contain at least 3 ...

Is that a typo? 8 would be strong.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:06 pm

DavidH wrote:
IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Strong passwords contain at least 3 ...

Is that a typo? 8 would be strong.

Thanks for highlighting David ... that comes across slightly unclear.

What I meant was ... Should contain at least 3 different character types with at least 8 characters. I'll amend my original message.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Pudge72 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:49 pm

A couple of small suggestions for the forum:

1) Can it be adjusted where the tasting notes forum is accessible to visitors of the site (i.e. currently if you don't log in, you can't see the tasting notes). I would hope/think that this would help to promote Irish whiskey by making additional information accessible to more people, while possibly increasing traffic to the forum.

2) Under the tasting note headings where each producer has their own sub-forum, is it possible to amend the sub-heading to indicate what labels fall under a particular distillery (i.e. Cooley includes Connemara, Locke's, etc.)

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
The wishlist is always growing...
Pudge72
Bourbon Barrel

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks Pudge and totally get your points. The committee will probably need to have a think about it. The idea that they were hidden to the casual user was that these would be seen as bonus areas for people who signed up. Further we have not erally given either much attention so they are not populated as much as we'd like so something to work on.

Point no 2 is a good one also and I'll try and do something on that soon.

Cheers and thanks for the feed back as it is welcome and we always want to try and improve.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Pudge72 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks Adrian for looking into this. I haven't been on in several days and I noticed that suggestion #2 has been adopted!! Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
Pudge72
Bourbon Barrel

Postby Pudge72 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 am

Hi again...another thought, this time along the lines of improving navigation within the forum...

The 'Whiskey' forum is a general catchment of whiskey topics. To improve navigation/accessibility of topics within this forum, could several 'sub-forums' be set up to group similar topics together? I.e. 'whiskey rumours and news', 'questions about whisky, answered', 'non-Irish whisky discussions', etc.

Keep up the great work!
Pudge72
Bourbon Barrel

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks Pudge for your insights once again

yes, we have talked about this before and it has been a serious consideration and we have compared ours to other forums. But as a small volume forum it has been decided to keep it as simple as possible. The pro's of Sub forums as you say is that it can make it easier to navigate to certain types of topics. But this cans also be a negative as you are complicating the process by relying on the user to know where they are going and this is a major problem for infrequent users. We have a lot of infrequent users and that is why it has been decided to have a fairly open "catch all" forum.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Pudge72 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:15 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Thanks Pudge for your insights once again

yes, we have talked about this before and it has been a serious consideration and we have compared ours to other forums. But as a small volume forum it has been decided to keep it as simple as possible. The pro's of Sub forums as you say is that it can make it easier to navigate to certain types of topics. But this cans also be a negative as you are complicating the process by relying on the user to know where they are going and this is a major problem for infrequent users. We have a lot of infrequent users and that is why it has been decided to have a fairly open "catch all" forum.

Fair enough, thank you for the consideration and the explaination...makes sense to me. :thumbsup:
Pudge72
Bourbon Barrel

Postby JRB » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:40 am

Hey all,

Just a little confused on the PM system. Some of the PMs I've sent go to my "sent" folder while others have gone to my "outbox". To my knowledge I haven't done anything differently. Have these been sent or not? In some email systems the "outbox" is a place where messages go that aren't sent, so I'm a bit unclear. I'm hoping they were sent but if not, what would i need to do? Thanks for the help!
JRB
New Spirit

Postby damienmcguigan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:01 pm

JRB wrote:Hey all,

Just a little confused on the PM system. Some of the PMs I've sent go to my "sent" folder while others have gone to my "outbox". To my knowledge I haven't done anything differently. Have these been sent or not? In some email systems the "outbox" is a place where messages go that aren't sent, so I'm a bit unclear. I'm hoping they were sent but if not, what would i need to do? Thanks for the help!

Not sure if it is the same on here but I have used forums where PM's go to the sent folder and will go to the outbox when the person you have sent them to has read the message.
damienmcguigan
Quarter Cask

Postby Fionnán » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:59 pm

yeah, its the same here. "Sent" means you've sent them and "outbox" means that the other person has opened them
Fionnán
Bourbon Barrel

Postby JRB » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks for the replies, it makes sense. It's interesting, though, as I'm fairly certain I've had some back and forth with messages that are still in the sent folder. At least I now know I'm not messing anything up on my end. Thanks again!
JRB
New Spirit

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I have not been able to post photos for a while. I used Paint.net as recommended under tips for years and found it great. I've changed computer and wanted to install Paint.net but it no longer works.

I used my iphone on the forum a lot but loading photos seems to be a problem. I'm not computer savvy so if there are easy ways of doing this I would be happy to learn.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby ericf » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:55 pm

Have you tried Photoscape? It's another free piece of software for editing images.
ericf
New Spirit

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:51 am

ericf wrote:Have you tried Photoscape? It's another free piece of software for editing images.

Cheers Eric. I've downloaded it on this computer. I have to figure out how to use the computer now. It's Canadian so the keyboard is a little different to what I'm used too. Can't find a fodda or the euro sign!! My last one was German and I got used to where all the buttons were and it was very entertaining when people would try to use it when I was working in the pub.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Previous

Return to Introduction