NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Whisky/whiskey books

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

Whisky/whiskey books

Postby mawhinney » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Whiskey enthusiasts, collectors and whiskey bars.
Bo) At the Dublin City Book Fair on Sun 29 January 2017, in Tara Towers Hotel, Merrion Road, Dublin, (11am to 5pm), a collection of books (approx 60) about whisky/whiskey will be on sale at Allod Books stand. As a single lot. Bo)
mawhinney
Quarter Cask

Re: Whisky/whiskey books

Postby John » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Thanks Ken!
Fair play for posting! A 60-book lot is quite large though, are they wedded to the idea of selling them all as one lot? If so, first to mind would be our own venerable Society; or the Irish Whiskey Museum or an upstanding member called Zoltan! :D
I know he has a lot of expertise in those kind of things.
Cheers,
John.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby mawhinney » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:34 pm

Thanks John.
The books are being sold as one lot. It would be very difficult , if not impossible, for a voluntary body (such as the Irish Whiskey Society) with no premises and changing personnel in committee each year to hold and care for a library of books. Paradoxically,it's easier to possess casks of whiskey since they are safely cared for in bond, and by someone else!
mawhinney
Quarter Cask

Postby varizoltan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:39 pm

John wrote:Thanks Ken!
Fair play for posting! A 60-book lot is quite large though, are they wedded to the idea of selling them all as one lot? If so, first to mind would be our own venerable Society; or the Irish Whiskey Museum or an upstanding member called Zoltan! :D
I know he has a lot of expertise in those kind of things.
Cheers,
John.

i wish i knew this sooner :-)
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby Sceach » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:59 am

mawhinney wrote:Whiskey enthusiasts, collectors and whiskey bars.
Bo) At the Dublin City Book Fair on Sun 29 January 2017, in Tara Towers Hotel, Merrion Road, Dublin, (11am to 5pm), a collection of books (approx 60) about whisky/whiskey will be on sale at Allod Books stand. As a single lot. Bo)

Obviously, the fair was some months ago. I viewed the collection (books are another of my weaknesses).They were about Whisky rather than Whiskey. From memory, I think they were all Scottish distilleries related.
Sceach
New Spirit

Return to Collectors Corner