NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Anyone need a replacement Midleton box or distillery invite?

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

Anyone need a replacement Midleton box or distillery invite?

Postby Anjinsan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:57 am

Hi all,

In my work I cover a good few retail outlets and from time to time I can come across a bottle of MVR from an older vintage, hence my other posts on the forum. Some outlets would know what they have and the price would reflect it, some others do not and you can get a real bargain if you are lucky.

This week I came across an outlet where the store had a display of Midleton wooden boxes (empty unfortunately!), years covered include 05, 06, 08, 09 and 2012.

If anyone would like me to get them a replacement box for one you already have i.e. your box could be damaged/ scratched I should be able to get one for you. There were a few certs and invites in some of the boxes if anyone needs one of them also. Just to bear in mind - the cert is usually stamped with the original bottle code but the invites only reflect the particular year. Still, 'a cert' might be better than 'no cert'?

I would be happy to provide these at no charge of course for anyone on the site, I'll just need a bit of time to get them. Please let me know if I can be of help, PM or openly on the forum. No promises, but will do what I can.

Rgds,
I.
Anjinsan
Quarter Cask

Return to Collectors Corner