NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

sean quinn millennium limited edition irish whiskey 2000

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

sean quinn millennium limited edition irish whiskey 2000

Postby woodslb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:05 pm

I have a Millennium edition Sean Quinn irish whiskey 2000.
I am trying to sell it and was wondering if anyone would know how much it would sell for and where to sell it please?!
Id appreciate any help!
Thanks
Louise
woodslb
New Spirit

Re: sean quinn millennium limited edition irish whiskey 2000

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi woodslb,

Can you post a picture please.

Is it a bulbous bottle with a blue label???

Quinn group released a few bottles for staff and depending on the contents could be worth a few quid or not. Hope I'm not getting it mixed up with another though? Glen Dimplex springs to mind too.

Basically need to see the bottle and also if you know what distillery it came from. See if anything is printed on the back label if theer is one.

Cheers
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby woodslb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I dont know much myself.. my father was gave it as a present in the millennium.. but he never worked for quinns i have a few pics but it wont let me upload them says file is too big. How can i put them up?
woodslb
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Here we are ...

Still unsure of the contents and there does not seem to be any rear label. Is there any indication on/in the box where the whiskey came from?

I would suspect it is a cooley Malt but cannot rule out Bushmills?

As it stands I suggest it would at least be worth 80-100Euro of anyones money as a curio but if we cannot not varify contents we can't place a better value on it.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby woodslb » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Sorry for late reply, thank for putting the pics up. And no there is no back label and no leaflet in the case unfortunately! Any ideas who would even know anything about this bottle? When i googled it I seen one had been advertised years ago and sold for round 200 euro, cant find source of that email now, thought perhaps would have increased in price now lol!
woodslb
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:09 pm

woodslb wrote:Sorry for late reply, thank for putting the pics up. And no there is no back label and no leaflet in the case unfortunately! Any ideas who would even know anything about this bottle? When i googled it I seen one had been advertised years ago and sold for round 200 euro, cant find source of that email now, thought perhaps would have increased in price now lol!

The prices of Irish Whiskey hugly fluctuate and you can get lucky. Any strange Irish a few years ago got silly money.
However since the recession people have got very selective on what they buy.
Therefore as a collectable with out being able to identify the contents I don't think it holds any great value, but that's just my personal view.

However if you contact the Celtic Whiskey Shop they might offer a decent amount especially if they have someone on their books specifically looking for something like this.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby VermontIrish » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Is the bottle still for sale? Thanks
VermontIrish
New Spirit

Return to Collectors Corner