NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Jameson Pure Pale Malt

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

Jameson Pure Pale Malt

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Philip wrote:Hi
My name is Philip I live near Knock Shrine Co Mayo

I am seeking any info on a very old Jameson Bottle I found in an old early 18 centuary building I was actually restoring a box sash window and the bottle was left inside when the sash window was being built very dusty and assuming it had not seen the light of day untill I found it . I could upload a picture if I new how any ideas how I do this.

This is a photo that bottle Philip referred to in his post. The capsule is missing but its a great find. It raises lots of questions. I was aware of records of Jameson Malt whiskey but hadn't seen a label. There's no mention that it's whiskey on the label either but I'm assuming it is. It's a real museum piece.

I'm guessing 19th Century. If they'd put whisky without an 'e' it would be easier to date.
Attachments
Pure Pale Malt Jameson.JPG
Pure Pale Malt Jameson.JPG (265.92 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Re: Jameson Pure Pale Malt

Postby JohnM » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:53 pm

That's a great find. I have a bottle of Jameson malt, a small bottle. I always wondered if it was just some label prepared by the pub it was bottled in and actually contained pot still, but it was a lot more recent than this bottle pictured.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby Raven » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:57 pm

Kingstown renamed 'Dun Laoghaire' 1920 so it is before this anyway.
From the script of the label pretty definite last half of 19th. Century
and not early 20th. Fabulous label ! is it full ???? House renovations
always throw up the weird and the wonderful !
Raven
Rundlet Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Yes, a very interesting find. very hard to judge age but yes I'dn agree with Raven's estimation.

However there will be very little whiskey value in this even if it is full. The Cork is too far removed to assure contents and the label even though probably old not overly interesting.

If there is any actual value in this it would be the physical bottle and whether it is really old or just old ;-) Rerally hard to tell by picture alone.

Still I'd sure someone would like to own it as a curiousity if nothing else.

Really nice to see though. Thanks fopr Posting.

Also Bushmills use to label it's whiskey Bushmills Pure Male Whiskey (not Malt). Whether this was for export markets only I'm not sure but that was back in the mide to late 20th centurary before change to All Malt up to the 1st world war.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby varizoltan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:39 am

the bottle looks similar to my Burkes whiskey from the 1920-s

they had wire around the neck and then the capsule on it
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Return to Collectors Corner