NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Stolen Irish / Scotch

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

Stolen Irish / Scotch

Postby DavidH » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:59 pm

I was contacted by a family that inherited a collection of whiskeys grown over many years by an employee at Midleton. They don't have pics of all the bottles but I have uploaded some here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45040027@N ... 323805136/

There's a Jameson 15yo, a Midleton Reserve, a Hewitts, an old Crested Ten... Anyway, if you spot anything of uncertain provenance for sale around here or elsewhere, I have the owner's contact details.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Re: Stolen Irish / Scotch

Postby DavidH » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:12 am

I see the guy himself posted in another section. I'll just link to it so:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2092
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby tom w » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:11 pm

The complete list is as follows
3 x Midleton Reserve
8 x John Jameson 15 year "very special old whiskey" not matured for less than 15 yrs...
36 x Screw cap Paddys Irish whisky and Powers whiskey all pre dating 80's as that was when my father retired.
1 x Hewitts whisky
1 x Crested Ten
1 x Old bushmills irish whiskey
1 x I W Harper bourban
1 x Hennessy cognac, Teachers 2 litre, Johny Walker red 2 litre
Assuming we do not get these back we will need to claim on our insurance, so any indications on price/value would also be greatly appreciated. Celtic Whiskey have 2 bottles of Midleton Reserve, with the same batch/cask number(107-1) selling at €599.00 vat inclusive.
All help greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
T.
tom w
New Spirit

Postby pigs nose » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Don't forget to tell all the local pubs to be on the look out. The paddys and powers wouldn't necessarily be big collectable whiskies but are often bought by pubs to stick behind the counter.

Also, one would have to assume that the type of person who burgles houses is not necessarily an expert in whiskey, so is probably most likely to try to offload it to pubs or off licences near to you.
pigs nose
New Spirit

Return to Collectors Corner