NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Ceramic Jameson Bottle

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

Ceramic Jameson Bottle

Postby CubeOperator » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Does anyone have any information about this bottle's origin? My fiance picked it up at a yard sale and I have not been able to find any information on it online. I appreciate any input.
Attachments
Jameson 3.jpg
Jameson 3.jpg (88.77 KiB) Viewed 821 times
Jameson 2.jpg
H. Kennedy Barrowfield Pottery Glasgow
Jameson 2.jpg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 821 times
Jameson.jpg
Jameson.jpg (95.71 KiB) Viewed 821 times
CubeOperator
New Spirit

Re: Ceramic Jameson Bottle

Postby Joel1802 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:10 am

William Jameson was the brand from the Marrowbone Lane distillery. It was part of the Dublin Distillers Co formed in the late 19C and ceased production in 1923. The last stocks were sold in the 30s. Old Pot Still Dublin whiskey. A very nice piece you have there. Well done, she's a keeper (so's the girl)!
Joel1802
Bourbon Barrel

Re: Ceramic Jameson Bottle

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:32 am

A book called "The Lost Distilleries of Ireland" is the main source of information for this distillery.

Joel has summed it up pretty concisely. Was one of the so called Big four distilleries in Dublin which also included John Jameson's, Power's and Dublin Whiskey Distillery Co Ltd or simply DWD.

William Jameson's main market would have been the US but also would have had a market share in Ireland and the UK. It is suggested that William was a close relative of John Jameson and possibly a brother but the 2 Jameson enterprises always were strictly separate affairs. Both were very successful in the 19 and early 20 century but only J.Jameson survived to today.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Collectors Corner