NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Midleton Swaps

Need to find out about your dusty old bottle? Ask here.
Discussion on Collectable Whiskey.

Midleton Swaps

Postby Bowsy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:14 pm

I am looking for a Midleton 2003 and willing to swap for a Midleton 2000. Similarly I am also looking for a Midleton 1993 and will swap for a 1992. Please let me know if interested or if there any any good sites for Irish whiskey swaps? Thanks.
Bowsy
New Spirit

Re: Midleton Swaps

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Repost: I am on the lookout for a "Midleton very Rare 1988" if anyone comes across one.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby Bowsy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:41 pm

A bit off topic but I was trying to find the Midleton website to see if they have any information on past bottlings but keep getting directed to Jameson whiskey where there us no info on Midleton. Am I missing something or do Pernod Ricarcd not have one?
Bowsy
New Spirit

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:20 am

No you are correct, there is no separate Midleton website at the moment. There used to be a website called Premium Whiskies of Ireland.

With the launch of the two new single pot still whiskies I'm sure this will be supported by a new website at some stage.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby Bowsy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm

I appreciate that Midleton have got the most important element right i.e. the product, but can't help thinking that Pernod Ricard either take the whiskey for granted or don't appreciate the role of Midleton as one of the flagships for Irish Whiskey. I find it amazing that Midleton doesn't have a website and have also been very disappointed with my experience at the Midleton distillery and with the input from Pernod when I organised tastings in the UK.

Cynically you could say that the opportunities to grow revenue is capped as it is by nature a very limited bottling that always sells and consequently they don't need to promote the brand like other whiskies where volume is much more important. As a result the focus on growth is much more on increasing revenue through new expressions such as cask strength, 30 year old, 25 year old etc. The flip side is that in the bigger world of whiskies, my experience is that Midleton is relatively unknown outside of Ireland and amongst many of my scotch drinking friends in the UK, most have never heard of Midleton. During the 4 years that I used to run whisk(e)y tastings in London I was continually surprised that the vast majority of people never heard of the whiskey.

Maybe there is nothing wrong with all this but I think that this is a missed opportunity for Irish whiskey as we have a fantastic pot still product which remains very unique and in my view superior to many of the comparative premium scotch single malts on the Market today.
Bowsy
New Spirit

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 am

Well said.
couldn't agree more,kind of went of topic but needed to be aired.
bravo
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby IainB » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:21 am

Bowsy wrote:I appreciate that Midleton have got the most important element right i.e. the product, but can't help thinking that Pernod Ricard either take the whiskey for granted or don't appreciate the role of Midleton as one of the flagships for Irish Whiskey. I find it amazing that Midleton doesn't have a website and have also been very disappointed with my experience at the Midleton distillery and with the input from Pernod when I organised tastings in the UK.

Cynically you could say that the opportunities to grow revenue is capped as it is by nature a very limited bottling that always sells and consequently they don't need to promote the brand like other whiskies where volume is much more important. As a result the focus on growth is much more on increasing revenue through new expressions such as cask strength, 30 year old, 25 year old etc. The flip side is that in the bigger world of whiskies, my experience is that Midleton is relatively unknown outside of Ireland and amongst many of my scotch drinking friends in the UK, most have never heard of Midleton. During the 4 years that I used to run whisk(e)y tastings in London I was continually surprised that the vast majority of people never heard of the whiskey.

Maybe there is nothing wrong with all this but I think that this is a missed opportunity for Irish whiskey as we have a fantastic pot still product which remains very unique and in my view superior to many of the comparative premium scotch single malts on the Market today.

I think this is what they're trying to do with the new SPS range - they're pushing SPS as a category and unlike previous bottlings they're referring to the distillery on all 4 of the new products even though only one bears the actual Midleton name. If you look at the Green Spot bottlings before the repackaging there was always a JJ&S on the front label - likewise the Midletons always have a Jameson crest. Yet on the new single cask Midletons which share the same label type as the Midleton Legacy (albeit with a different bottle shape) there's no mention of Jameson - likewise the new Green Spot only mentions Mitchells and Midleton.

I would be surprised if we don't see a website / brand advertising for Midleton and / or Single Pot Still over the next while.

In fact if they thought about it they could also probably market the Midleton VR as a "Single Blend" and even someday release a single grain.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:27 pm

IainB wrote:I would be surprised if we don't see a website / brand advertising for Midleton and / or Single Pot Still over the next while.

In fact if they thought about it they could also probably market the Midleton VR as a "Single Blend" and even someday release a single grain.

Your whiskey intuition is working over time....

There is a new website for the SPS range in the pipe line and it will be launched very very soon ...

I'll let people know when it makes an appearance .... keep your eyes peeled.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby DavidH » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:32 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:There is a new website for the SPS range in the pipe line and it will be launched very very soon ...

This one? I didn't know until you said it, but knowing it was there made it easy to find. To be launched on Monday June 27th.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:10 am

I've been staying mum about this for a while, but like anything IDL do it has been in the offing for quite a while, a search under various domain names would have brought up some interesting results showing that the website names have been reserved since before this year.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 am

DavidH wrote:
IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:There is a new website for the SPS range in the pipe line and it will be launched very very soon ...

This one? I didn't know until you said it, but knowing it was there made it easy to find. To be launched on Monday June 27th.

Ahh David, where's your sense of suspence ... :)
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby DavidH » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:28 am

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Ahh David, where's your sense of suspence ... :)

I'll tell you next week ;-)
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby Bowsy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:30 pm

On the topic of swaps, I have a Midleton 1985 which I would swap for a 1988 or a 1989 if anyone is interested. Thanks
Bowsy
New Spirit

Postby VTPack » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Would love to swap for the 85 as that is what I am looking for, however I only have the past 4 years of Midleton.
VTPack
New Spirit

Postby kurtbenoit » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 pm

My neighbour has the 85 but he's not looking to swap, if you are interested in buying it private message me I can take a few photos of it and you can think about it.
kurtbenoit
Rundlet Cask

Postby JMG » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:36 pm

I have a bottle of 30 year old Midleton distilled in 1969. Would anybody be interested in purchasing this?
JMG
New Spirit

Postby JohnM » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 pm

Do you have a price in mind? And a picture?
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby matt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi folks,

I am looking for a Midleton Very Rare 1993 and a 1995.

I have a spare bottle of 1994 that i would be willing to swap for one of those.

If somebody has a 93/95 and wants to sell it, please also contact me.

Cheers
matt
Rundlet Cask

Postby courtney » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:14 pm

I have a bottle of midleton very rare 1985 in a shoe like box. The seal is in tact but seems to have evaporated a little. the box also contains a certificate and a bottle number can anyone let me know if they are interested in this please.
courtney
New Spirit

Postby DublinGus » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm looking for Midleton 1998, Midleton 1999, Midleton 1993 bottlings, to trade, swap or purchase.

Drop me a pm if interested.

Slainte
DublinGus
Rundlet Cask

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:52 pm

I have a Midleton 1973 30 year old i'd like to swap for the 1969 one if anyone has an interest?
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby courtney » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:04 am

TheWhiskeyBro wrote:Repost: I am on the lookout for a "Midleton very Rare 1988" if anyone comes across one.

i have a bt of 85 in coffin
courtney
New Spirit

Postby matt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 pm

matt wrote:Hi folks,

Cheers

I am still looking for some MVR. Actually the years 90 and 95.
I have 94/96/99 to swap. Do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers
matt
Rundlet Cask

Postby matt » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:13 pm

matt wrote:
matt wrote:Hi folks,

Cheers

I am still looking for some MVR. Actually the years 90 and 95.
I have 94/96/99 to swap. Do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Hi again,

I am still looking for some Midleton`s. Over all the years know on the Forum, i never had a Chance to swap a Midleton ore even buy a bottle of a other IWS Forum member.

There was not even a Chance too replay on a offer.

Yet i beliefe this is the right platform to get in contact with other Irish Whiskey Enthusiast.

So i try again; I am looking for Midleton VR 1984/88/89 and 95.

Slaintè
matt
Rundlet Cask

Postby Whiskey Bar » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:43 am

Matt
What Midletons are you selling or swapping?
Whiskey Bar
New Spirit

Next

Return to Collectors Corner