NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

All-Ireland Hurling Final 2010.

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

Re: All-Ireland Hurling Final 2010.

Postby varizoltan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:05 pm

jcskinner wrote:I'm from the North.
I find myself dreaming of planting booby traps around the neighbourhood during the game.

here is a goodone for you Jim

http://www.gallagherireland.com/energizers.aspx
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Good tough match ... possibly not the spectacle we were looking for but good hurling ... half time now and Tipp only 1 point ahead. I thought Kilkenny made a mistake by electing to play against a fairly strong wind and with King Henry off after 12 mins (No Miracle cure for him unfortunately) it was looking good for Tipp. However the Richie Power goal (a cracker) really changed the game and a strong last 5 mins for Kilkenny closed a 6point gap to 1. Can Tipp keep the momentum going still a intriguing contest.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby John » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Great match, the GREATEST GAME, though a bit too close for my liking!! Im listening on internet Radio 1 in a hotel lobby in Croatia. Im sure that the hotel staff think Im losing my marbles!! Nostrovia, J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:07 pm

If Tipp win, we'll relabel the remaining bottles of Locke's "Premier Crew" in honour of the Premier County!!! Now that would be a collectable whiskey!
/M (Tipp genes in the blood)

Time to get those new labels out.... 8-)
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:10 pm

What a second half for Tipp ... played Kilkenny to a T and were very strong in Defence which is probably the main difference between Tipp and any other team to face Kilkenny. They won fair and square and won well and no on e can deny them an excellent win not even a case that Kilkenny were off form just that Tipp kept them at bay.

A big weldone to Tipp ...
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby varizoltan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:06 pm

TheWhiskeyBro wrote:
If Tipp win, we'll relabel the remaining bottles of Locke's "Premier Crew" in honour of the Premier County!!! Now that would be a collectable whiskey!
/M (Tipp genes in the blood)

Time to get those new labels out.... 8-)

+1
come on Michael :!:
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby John » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:50 pm

The one computor that the hotel has on site and it takes a nose dive after the match, well in fairness actually it was back this morning but I was over in Italy! Anyway, have to say fair play to Tipp. They played like a team posessed and their determination served them well. Absolute worthy winners and we have no-one to blame but ourselves :(

Well, we'll be waiting for them in the long grass next year, c'mon the one-in-a-row!! :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby scotty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:50 am

I never heard of hurling so i looked it up. saw movies on you tube---all i can say is wow
still searching for the knowledge
scotty
Rundlet Cask

Postby JohnM » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:59 am

This is how the Scots play it in New York...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSeLKz9GnaY
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby scotty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:35 am

Just another note-- thats a real tough game-
I also am amazed at european football-- it is so much more interesting than USA football. I never cease to be amazed at how those guys can kick the ball to another player while running-
I'm not a sports fan in any way but excellent is excellent.
scotty
Rundlet Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby scotty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm going to face book to post these links. My friends would enjoy the videos

Thanks for the education and the laughs

Scorrt :D
scotty
Rundlet Cask

Postby IainB » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:00 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:
IainB wrote:If I'm not mistakend Tipp borders both Galway and Kilkenny - do you think they're worried you might have them surrounded??

You might have something there ... and especially if I start waving a Kerry flag around ... that would really throw them !!!

SHould be a good match though ... Kilkenny had a bad semi in preperation as Cork were muck ... probably one of the worst displays we've seen in a long time from Cork in a semi. Tipp on the other hand had a slightly more even contest but even so they always seemed Comfortable against Waterford.

Mmm, the Kerry men on the forum were very quiet this year! (I know this is a hurling topic but I wasn't bothered setting up a seperate football one.)
IainB
Hogshead

Postby John » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Well I was reasonably vocal last year and look what happened to us. Tipp got their one in a row! :D
Great final though this year, with a much better result. Too close for comfort however!
J.
John
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 am

Sick as a parrot is not the word ... threw it away. 7 mins to go I thought we had it in the bag then 2 schoolboy mistakes in midfield and the Dubs are equal :evil:

However you have to give it to the Dubs for the goal as they looked Dead and buried with out one and they made and took their chance in great spirit and in the end deserved their Win.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Everything Else