NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

I'm just in from the Pub

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

I'm just in from the Pub

Postby IainB » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:49 am

No I'm not - I've been in all night but I thought this might be a companion to "I'm the only one here". Those of you who are out for the night can come in and tell those of us who haven't what you've been up to.

And I think we can all agree that anyone who posts on this topic can be given a certain amount of latitude - after all it's like texting after a few pints - we something say things we don't really mean. At least here they'll all be in one place and we'll know not to take them seriously!
IainB
Hogshead

Re: I'm just in from the Pub

Postby jcskinner » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:47 am

Was up at some friends' house, watching the World Cup and sharing the Glen Garioch 21 year old love tonight!
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Re: I'm just in from the Pub

Postby Mothrae » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Was watching the embarrassing spectacle we call "4th of July / Independence Day" over here, our 234th borthday, as it were.

Yet another American excuse to overdo it. Drink until you are sick, or worse, set off fireworks so you burn your fingers and hands, plug up the highways and beaches.

The good things include all the cookouts and the pro fireworks shows in many of the towns. The down side is how stupid people become with a 4-day holiday weekend.

I work most holidays and weekends. I don't understand the concept of "holiday". What is that, anyway?
Gleanntan ni Chelleigh

Tonight's forecast - DARK - followed by scattered light in the morning.
Mothrae
Quarter Cask

Return to Everything Else