NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

World Cup 2010

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

Re: World Cup 2010

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:09 am

I must admit I feel sorry for Kaka as it really was a bad way to go out and you could just as easily say cheating on the part of the Ivory Coast player. I think it is ludicrous that these red cards cannot be recinded. How can a ref that did not see the incident send someone off ? :roll:

Brazil had some silky play but I'm not 100% sure about them as a team as to how they will cope against the stronger teams.

First goal by Fabiano was a cracker ... however I was not overly impressed by Lucio who was falling all over the place in sheer agony if anybody touched him :roll: :evil: .
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby John » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Bye bye France, as the famous Larry Gogan says ' They didn't suit you'! :D
Having now achieved closure I look forward to re-building strong, positive and productive sport-related relationships with our Gallic cousins. :D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby varizoltan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:52 pm

God always sort these things out :thumbsup:
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby jcskinner » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:58 pm

I feel sad for the French people who have been terribly let down by the collection of chancers and cheats sent to represent their nation in South Africa.
It's ignominious for fans to spend their hard-earned money travelling so far to support such a bunch of lazy, self-entitled, self-important reprobates.
Sarkozy apparently intends to hold a public inquiry into this global PR disaster for France. I'm not sure that's the best way forward, but I'll leave it to the French to deal with French matters.
As an Irishman, I am merely gratified that this team and their management's collective appalling behaviour from November to the present has resulted in no reward and the righteous contempt of the sporting world.

Edit: this post has been edited by the moderators and offensive remarks have been removed. It has to be highlighted that any offensive remarks will not be tolerated on this forum even if made in jest.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Postby varizoltan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 pm

just read it on a home site, french were supporting South Africa yesterday throughout France in public places, cheering for them and giving out if any french was on show
how bad is that, your own nation is against you..
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby varizoltan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 pm

i would not be surprised if they get stoned on arrival at the airport in Paris...
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby jcskinner » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Well, it won't be a ticker tape parade in an open-top bus, that's for sure.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Postby varizoltan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:50 pm

jcskinner wrote:Well, it won't be a ticker tape parade in an open-top bus, that's for sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby Mothrae » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:19 pm

There seemed to be a lot of interest in the Cup this year over here in the USA. We've been in it before, but never this amount of interest in it. A good thing! The local "Irish pubs" around here were jammed when USA lost their last game.
Gleanntan ni Chelleigh

Tonight's forecast - DARK - followed by scattered light in the morning.
Mothrae
Quarter Cask

Postby varizoltan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:38 pm

The biggest looser nation of all time in football history lost again...
will they ever win anything?
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 am

I was rooting for Holland but after seeing how they played in the first half I was not overly concerned by the second half. Spain played the better football and deserved their victory. Holland should have only finished with maximum 9 players if not 8 and really let themselves down. Has been a bit of a dissappointing world cup over all eventhough the latter stages did throw up a few decent games.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby jcskinner » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:07 am

Best game by a mile was the one between the two best performing teams in the tournament for me - the third place match between Germany and Uruguay.
I heard a good summary of this World Cup yesterday: Brazil were German, Germany were Dutch, Holland were Spanish and Spain were Barcelona.

Edit: I note one of my posts above has been edited by a moderator. I would remind the mod that it is a matter of public record.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Postby DavidH » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 pm

I agree with the mod actions above. Establishing the facts of alleged crimes is way beyond the competence (or interest, really) of the moderators on this forum. It should be possible to stick to whiskey and light conversation around here. Quite a few posters are readily identifiable (myself included), unlike on many internet forums, and I'd like to preserve the generally pleasant environment that facilitates this.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby varizoltan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 pm

jcskinner wrote:Best game by a mile was the one between the two best performing teams in the tournament for me - the third place match between Germany and Uruguay.

+1
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby varizoltan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 pm

...and i have to say, someone should gave the ref a red card at the final for all the mistakes...
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Previous

Return to Everything Else