NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Help! What to visit?

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

Help! What to visit?

Postby Henni » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:12 am

Hey folks!
As you see I´m german and I´m visitig Ireland on Sunday for two weeks.
I´ll start in Dublin, going to Tullamore, Kanmare, Dingle, Sligo, Belfast and back to Dublin.

On my list is: Tullamore D.E.W, Dingle, Bushmills, Teeling visitor center.
I´ve already been in Tullamore, Killbeggan, Middelton, Dingle, Jameson (Dublin; 3-4 times :lol: ) & the whiskey museum (Dublin)
Last year the great northern Destillery wasn´t open for public yet, does anyone know if it´s now? And I know Glendalough isn´t open for public.
So do you have some "insider tips" for me what to see? :)

And yepp, it´s not limeted to whiskey ;)

thanks a lot :-*

found some misspelling? you can keep it :P ;) :D
Henni
New Spirit

Re: Help! What to visit?

Postby charleymcguffin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:06 pm

The Echlinville Distillery, are now open for tours...It's about an hours drive from Belfast. See their website for booking information.
http://echlinville.com/

Also the Boann Distillery and craft brewery may be open for visitors ( Although the distillery part is not yet operational) and is just off the Dublin to Belfast motorway....see their site for tour info.... and ring first!
http://boanndistillery.ie/tours-tasting/
charleymcguffin
Rundlet Cask

Re: Help! What to visit?

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi Henni,

If your in Kenmare and Dingle make sure you pass through Killarney and visit the new Irish Whiskey Experience on New St, just off the Main St, Ireland's largest selection of Irish Whiskey, they do food, tastings and they have a sherry barrel on the premises where you can fill your own, definitely worth checking out.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Return to Everything Else