NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

I'm the only one here

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

Re: I'm the only one here

Postby DavidH » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Somebody told me Bulmers Berry was fantastic, better than the pear, which I really like. So I bought a few cans today and cracked one open tonight. I was totally had. Didn't even finish it.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby IainB » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:44 pm

JohnM wrote:I was supposed to be going to a wedding afters tonight, but for babysitting reasons, my wife went and left me to mind the child.

Bored now, no football. I have opened a chemistry set I bought for my godson a few years ago but never gave him.

I'm looking north toward Dublin now. Was that bright blue flash a minute ago something to do with you?
IainB
Hogshead

Postby IainB » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 pm

DavidH wrote:Somebody told me Bulmers Berry was fantastic, better than the pear, which I really like. So I bought a few cans today and cracked one open tonight. I was totally had. Didn't even finish it.

Haven't tried this but I liked the Bulmers pear too. I found it a reasonable substitute for white wine with dinner if you didn't want to drink much. I used to pour it in a wine glass and just have one or two. At most half a can which meant I didn't get lazy / sleepy as I sometimes do after a few glasses of wine.

Don't like the regular Bulmers at all. Don't tell my sister - she works there! Her partner too but I think he'll be moving to Grants along with Tullamore dew. Not that they mentioned him in the press release or anything.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby JohnM » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:14 am

IainB wrote:
JohnM wrote:I was supposed to be going to a wedding afters tonight, but for babysitting reasons, my wife went and left me to mind the child.

Bored now, no football. I have opened a chemistry set I bought for my godson a few years ago but never gave him.

I'm looking north toward Dublin now. Was that bright blue flash a minute ago something to do with you?

Yes, it was beautiful, wasn't it? It hurts like hell, though.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby JohnM » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:18 am

Having a Highland Park 12 single cask, one bottled by Raymond at Bladnoch. It's really good.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby IainB » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:23 am

Just had some Busmills select cask 12yo (the one with rum cask in it). I'm now onto a Bushmills 12yo Distillers Selection. It says "distillers selection" as opposed to "distillery reserve" but the labels are similar. Quite nice and similar to how I remember the reserve but I've no idea of where it came from. I mean I know where I bought it but where and when it was originally sold I don't know. I'd guess it's the same vintage as some of those Jameson12 distillers selections knocking around from a couple of years ago.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby IainB » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:22 am

JohnM wrote:
IainB wrote:

Yes, it was beautiful, wasn't it? It hurts like hell, though.

So what did you create? Is Dublin being overrun by Zombies or anything like that?
IainB
Hogshead

Postby jcskinner » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:56 am

It certainly is, having just walked from Finglas to Drumcondra.
Whether this can be attributed to John or merely the vintners of Dublin, I don't know.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Postby IainB » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:20 am

jcskinner wrote:It certainly is, having just walked from Finglas to Drumcondra.
Whether this can be attributed to John or merely the vintners of Dublin, I don't know.

I suspect John.

I'm the only one here again - I expect to see loads of "I'm just in from the pub" posts later.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:25 am

Didn't make it to the pub tonight, my sincerest apologies.... am I really the only one here!!!!
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby IainB » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:30 am

Me either. That said I could probably still make the pub but I'm afraid to - there's only one of the people I drink with in wicklow around this weekend and it usually endS badly for me! Well the next day does anyway.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby varizoltan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:21 am

usual, me and Iain....
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby varizoltan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:21 am

usual, me and Iain....
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby IainB » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:29 am

I guess that shows how exciting wicklow is.

Apparently there's a 21st on down the forge tonight with 300 people. Maybe we should be there!
IainB
Hogshead

Postby varizoltan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:32 am

IainB wrote:I guess that shows how exciting wicklow is.

Apparently there's a 21st on down the forge tonight with 300 people. Maybe we should be there!

are you ready for 1?
they serve till 2:30
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby IainB » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:37 am

2.30 unless you're with Zoltan in which case you'd be unlikely to get kicked out before midday! I was down the town earlier this evening - maybe I'm a grumpy old man now but they all looked very very young!

Or maybe I wasn't drinking. Either way GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!
IainB
Hogshead

Postby varizoltan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:40 am

i was rushing down to the Forge last sunday by midnight and the lads at the door said what is the rush they serve till 2:30...
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby IainB » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 am

Yeah they do in the bar cos it's the same licence as the nightclub. I'm not mad on the pub anymore. Too many tv's and more bouncers than barstaff. See! Grumpy old man!
IainB
Hogshead

Postby varizoltan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 am

IainB wrote:Yeah they do in the bar cos it's the same licence as the nightclub. I'm not mad on the pub anymore. Too many tv's and more bouncers than barstaff. See! Grumpy old man!

:lol:
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby cathach » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:05 am

IainB wrote:Yeah they do in the bar cos it's the same licence as the nightclub. I'm not mad on the pub anymore. Too many tv's and more bouncers than barstaff. See! Grumpy old man!

I dunno now IainB theres plenty of grumpy young men too such as myself who think the same way. The correct number of tvs in a pub in my view is nil.
cathach
Rundlet Cask

Postby varizoltan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 pm

me again...
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Go to bed Zoltan ... ;) :lol:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby varizoltan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Go to bed Zoltan ... ;) :lol:

i know, i'm getting up early...
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Postby IainB » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm here. You don't want to know what I've spent all evening doing.
IainB
Hogshead

Postby varizoltan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:25 pm

IainB wrote:I'm here. You don't want to know what I've spent all evening doing.

go on
hit me!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else