NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Hurling Championship '09.

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

Hurling Championship '09.

Postby John » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi all,

Make sure the chair is comfortable, the TV is on the right channel, the whiskey is poured and dog is out of kicking distance - the 'real start' of the hurling championship is this weekend. Good luck to all of the con(pre)tenders to the throne :lol:
Enjoy,
John.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Re: Hurling Championship '09.

Postby JohnM » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Limerick v Waterford could be spicey.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby John » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:25 pm

You're right there John.
More axes to be ground there than at a lumberjacks yard I think! :lol: Should be a good game although I notice a few notable absences from the Waterford line-up.
J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby JohnM » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:34 pm

Shannahan is dropped, I heard. Is there anyone else?
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Kilkenny V Galway should be good also next week.

Adds a bit more spice to the Leinster Championship.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby John » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:51 am

Mmm, not the start I hoped for :roll: . Difficult conditions but bad game really. Onwards and upwards though; time now for the tribesmen to see how we do things in Leinster ;) :D
John
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:25 am

Yes the Waterford Limerick game was definitely a game of 2 halves. Looked like Waterford would run away with it in the first half but they were lucky ,due to Limericks wasteful use of the ball, not to lose in the end.

Yes we'll see how Joe Canning deals with a serious team
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby JohnM » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:11 pm

I'd love to see Limerick beat Waterford.
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby John » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Yeah, I can't help but feel there would be an element of poetic justice with a Limerick win... :)
John
Hogshead

Postby John » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Hey IWC,
I've heard rumours that Mr. Canning is a no-show for Saturday, is this right? Shame if it's true because the game might well suffer without him.
Best of luck anyway :)
J.
John
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:36 pm

John wrote:Hey IWC,
I've heard rumours that Mr. Canning is a no-show for Saturday, is this right? Shame if it's true because the game might well suffer without him.
Best of luck anyway :)
J.

Hey John, just to let you know I'm not Galway ... just live here ;) Let's just say I'm from a predominantly footballing county but I do prefer a good game of hurling :)

Yes I think he's out which is as you say a shame for the game ... they also have another good young hurler Iarlaith Tannion who is unfortunately out for the whole season with cruciate ... looks like it may be Kilkennys day.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby John » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 am

Clearly the rumours of Mr. Canning's demise were greatly exaggerated! :)
What a fantastic game, it's what hurling is all about, edge of the seat stuff. I was a bit iffy about Galway's entry into the Leinster frame at the start but to be honest a competitive game like that hasn't been played at the semi-final stage for a long time. On to meet the new kids on the hurling block (Dublin!) next; hopefully we can look forward to more of the same!
John.
John
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am

A good run out for Galway so it should stand them well through the back door stages. Both counties need thsee type of games as in all fairness Kilkenny only rarely get it put up to them in Leinster unless Wexford are strong and Galway have no one to play against in Connacht.

Waterford Limerick was a bit of a disappointment.

I am sceptical at how Dublin will fair against Kilkenny but you never know. IF they can keep it respectable that may be as good as they can hope.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby John » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am

Did anyone see the All Ireland Final yesterday? In my opinion it has to rank as one of the finest finals in many years. Two great teams producing a fantastic display which had supporters and 'neutrals' on the edge of their seats for 72 minutes!!
John
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Yes a fantastic game and the Minor match was a cracker too.

I think Kilkenny deserved it in the end but you'd have to feel sorry for Tip especially in relation to the penalty which was very harsh. Second Goal was a lovely piece of play which I think knocked the stuffing out of poor Tip.

Great spectacle though ... good skill and hard tackling a great advocate for the game.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Everything Else