NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

David H

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

David H

Postby scotty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:09 pm

A while back in conversation, you mentioned that in Turkey you saw vodka infused with licorise. While preparing a bottle of potcheen for shipment out of the country, i decided to dilute some and try infusing it with some fancy black licorise that i was given for christmas.
I think i will like it as i have grown to enjoy the taste of the regular moonshine in orange juice

still searching for the knowledge
scotty
Rundlet Cask

Re: David H

Postby DavidH » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:14 am

Hey, I'm a topic! :D

It was Sweden, rather than Turkey, but yes. I got my hands on some Danish salty licorice a while ago and dissolved it in some poteen. I would drink it in a bar, I think, but somehow it's not what I crave at home :-)

Happy Christmas to you, Scotty!
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Re: David H

Postby scotty » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Happy chritsmas to you too Dave. I will wait a week or 2 to try it. 115 proof is a bit strong for me but i do actually find the taste without the licoris enjoyable. I diluted it to 80 proof and made 1500 ml of irish cream with that. Then i took it to a party christmas eve and had them all singing italian songs in a short while. lol. Theywere going back for seconds and thirds.

still searching for the knowledge
scotty
Rundlet Cask

Return to Everything Else