NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

a couple of yeast pictures

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

a couple of yeast pictures

Postby scotty » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:38 pm

AS ALWAYS I HOPE I AM NOT OUT OF LINE POSTING THIS MATERIAL.
It's been pouring rain for the last few days. The book i just purchesed (("DESIGNING AND BUILDING OF AUTOMATIC STILLS BY RIKU"))) is a let down so i dug out the microscope and hooked it to the computer. I want to see if i can get some actual photo of yeast budding. I was planning to dEstill the poteen wash but its so wet on the deck, i might get electrocuted.
Besides the rain i still have about 35 pounds of barley to mash and ferment into a wash.
Since yeast has always played a major part in the making of whiskey, i have been studying as much as i can about it and how it produces diferent flavors under diferent conditions.
Naturally since there are about 1500 variteys of yeast only a true brewmaster could choose which one to use.
Tkese 2 pictures are of lalvin ec1118 which i use for making vodka because it can handle 18 percent wash and makes very little flavors.

The rectangular shape confused me but i believe it is this way becuse of clumping duringdehydration

i believe that this is a single yeast cell that is in the process of budding.
still searching for the knowledge
scotty
Rundlet Cask

Return to Everything Else