NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

new equipment

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

new equipment

Postby scotty » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:19 pm

this is an un assembled lab distiller i purchased from a school supply dealer. We intend to try our hand at distilling escenses and flavorings. The second picture is it being tested.

I didnt give up on my Irish style whiskey. Lots of repairs on the trailer set me back a few months-- im still frothing at the mouth to give it a go again.

still searching for the knowledge
scotty
Rundlet Cask

Re: new equipment

Postby John » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:04 am

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step Scotty! :D
Best of luck with the distillation :thumbsup:
J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby scotty » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:29 am

John wrote:The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step Scotty! :D
Best of luck with the distillation :thumbsup:
J.

Joh, I purchased everything from USA companys and everything came from china. Is your government allowing imports without tarrifs. Ours encourages business with countrys like china it seems:(
scotty
Rundlet Cask

Postby scotty » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:50 pm

The yellow gizmo is a router speed control. the hot plate has the thermostat by passed to be at full heat all the time and the router speed control varies the input voltage and as a result controls the wattage output. i learned this from a whiskey distilling website. the slower we run the still the better the quality of the product.

the rising price of petrol causes me to hesitate taking a trip to the city for the necessary grains for irish style whiskey.

We are just getting a taste f what you folks have had to put up wth for many years. it would cost about $50 U.S. to make the trip for grains I have a kia which is moderately economical . 28 Miler to thegallon--
scotty
Rundlet Cask

Return to Everything Else