NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Talks to Clubs

Other drinks, music, sport, etc.

Talks to Clubs

Postby AlanD » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Is the Society able, or willing to give a talk on whisk(e)y in a club and how would you want to organise it?
I am a member in Malahide Yacht Club who hold regular talks on a Wednesday evening and this would be a super subject.
Friday's would also be a possibility.

Alan Davidson
AlanD
New Spirit

Re: Talks to Clubs

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:27 pm

I think that is a very real possibility Alan but it is something you'd need to discuss with some of the committee members at the next tasting. It basically is down to peoples willingness and availability to do such a talk as it takes the committee quite a bit of effort as it is to get the monthly tasting together. However it is something that they would look very favourably at as we want to increase peoples awareness of the whole category of whiskey as opposed to your usual down the pub. Fair play for suggesting it as we also we need people to be proactive in such things and just by airing the question shows just that. :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Re: Talks to Clubs

Postby Mothrae » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:42 pm

I've done quite a bit of public speaking, mainly on historical subjects. If you come up with a "standardized" presentation, approved by the Society, I would love to speak on it on this side of the Atlantic.
Gleanntan ni Chelleigh

Tonight's forecast - DARK - followed by scattered light in the morning.
Mothrae
Quarter Cask

Return to Everything Else