NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Web links

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

Web links

Postby Malt-Teaser » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:15 pm

On Whisky-Emporium I have a page of web links. Most other sites refer to friends or links and on mine it's a "Wall of Friends";
http://www.whisky-emporium.com/UK/Friends-Links.htm

If irishWhiskyChaser and/or this forum would like a link I would be honoured to include tham. Just mail me the graphics / logos and I'll do the rest.
I do not expect or demand a reciprocal link, this really is that proverbial "free lunch" for you.

If anyone else has a suitable whisk(e)y site then the same applies.
Malty
Malt-Teaser
Rundlet Cask

Re: Web links

Postby DavidH » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:08 am

It's much appreciated, MT. If nobody jumps in before me, I'll dig out a nice graphic for you tomorrow.
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:36 pm

I'll organise one for my site and reciprocate with a link to your Keith

... David can you also send on the IWS logo too :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby DavidH » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:00 am

How's this?

iws_logo_small.png
iws_logo_small.png (12.76 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby Malt-Teaser » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 am

That would be fine, is there any chance you could mail it to me please, along with IWC's?

The reason I ask for a mail is due to the latest business explosion here in Germany where firms of lawyers exist purely to trawl the internet and find sites using logos, pictures or graphics which they think may have been illegitimately 'borrowed'. They then send a mail to the website asking for proof of permission to use the graphic(s) and if none can be provided, they threaten to open a lawsuit along the lines of "Pay us €xxx or we will open a lawsuit and have you fined €xxxx".
For this reason I keep a copy of every e-mail that I receive with the logos as this is excellent proof of permission.

Crazy? Yes, but a 100% 'legal scam'.

They do the same with music or film downloading and 'sharing', even though the German Government has said they won't prosecute such misdemeanours any more, lawyers are opening private lawsuits and making rather good livings out of this and not on behalf of any intellectual property owners, just for themselves!

I recently read an article that at least one firm of lawyers in England thought this an excellent business plan and were looking to do the same there. Be careful, it may spread to Ireland too.

You can mail either to the contact address on the Emporium, or to my private address with which I registered here.
Malt-Teaser
Rundlet Cask

Postby DavidH » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 am

Got it. Formal email sent on behalf of IWS.
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby Malt-Teaser » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:53 am

Thanks David, logo received and I'll try to incorporate it tonight, but certainly during tomorrow at the latest.

If someone would like to send me IWC's logo too, I'll add it at the same time.
If I can make the Society logo fit into the place, I'm intending to put it in place of the Contently-Managed (CM) one directly to the right of Nonjatta where I hope it will feel at home. CM will move somewhere below, although I would like to try and sort out that next level including IWC's logo.
I tell you, it's a fascinating constant jigsaw puzzle that I have there :D
Malt-Teaser
Rundlet Cask

Postby DavidH » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 am

Oh yes, we like Nonjatta :thumbsup:

I left IWC to send his own logo, for the same reasons you mentioned. He is a substantial brand at this stage :D
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Will do it today at some stage ... Lucky for me so that I had the decency to ask Jim Fitzpatrick about the use of his painting of flaming shield and sword as part of my logo 8-)
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Malt-Teaser » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:12 am

Should be live now;
http://www.whisky-emporium.com/UK/Friends-Links.htm

I hope you both feel comfortable there, but I'm always unsure what things look like at different resolutions and screen sizes. All I can really do is make it fit my own :lol:

Hopefully, yours should also look something like this (yes, it is scaled down as a graphic, but you know what I mean)

Edit
Oh dear, I guess some are going to have problems here :o
IWC, I just saw the link you gave me on your site and I see a rather distorted view of my home page probably due to lower resolution than I use, or a smaller screen maybe?

Anyway, my home page really looks like this right now;

Can anyone else let me know if their's are badly distorted too please.
Malt-Teaser
Rundlet Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Looks good to me Keith :thumbsup:

In relation to your link on my site it really is just a thumb nail and the link should work fine. It looks fine for me on both my PC and Laptop.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Malt-Teaser » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Thanks for the feedback IWC it's always much appreciated.

I recently posted something over on WWW regarding my "Dram-atics" page and two people immediately asked why there were large areas of white space at certain points.

This was something I had never encountered but after quite a bit of investigation I found it was due to the basic design of the page causing a problem only in certain environments. It took a full re-design of that page but I cured the problem to the gratitude of all concerned. In the end I was very sorry for what they previously had to put up with and had no idea this was happening. I'm nothing like a web programmer and have only the basic ability to work with FrontPage, but I do try.

As for the couple questions in your e-mail, I'll answer privately in the next days, but generally no, things aren't so good at the moment as I'm unemployed and according to most here in Germany, unemployable too.

Malty
Malt-Teaser
Rundlet Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Sorry to hear Keith .. chat you later.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Malt-Teaser » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi again,
just to let you I've jiggled my main t-note page around a little and "Irish Whiskey" now has its own identity and can be directly referenced or skipped to via the following address / link:

http://www.whisky-emporium.com/UK/TastingNotes.htm#IrishWhiskey

I'm sure you'll recognise the two pictures and hopefully as I sample more Irish whiskey the list of distilleries or brands will increase too.
Malty
Malt-Teaser
Rundlet Cask

Return to Society