NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Ideas For Society Tastings 2010

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

Re: Ideas For Society Tastings 2010

Postby DavidH » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Zoltan, my ears are bleeding :shock:

I started a new thread for YouTube videos because I'd really like to hear more recommendations. Any good female Hungarian singers, for example?
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby IainB » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:54 am

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Must admit I'm with Zoltan on this ... nothing like whiskey & rock ;)

Never been much into that white Jazz stuff and the freeform jazz I find even annoying. 4 or five lads playing different tunes all together :P

But both genres are linked ... it all came from gospel in the first place.

More from Blues than Gospel I would have thought, although they would also have a common origin. However in terms of perception Blues, Jazz and Rock have all been called the Devil's music at some point.

Maybe in true Irish style it's time to form the breakaway society. In this we could take a lead from our Scandanavian friends and form a Malt n Metal society!
IainB
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:58 pm

IainB wrote:
IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Must admit I'm with Zoltan on this ... nothing like whiskey & rock ;)

Never been much into that white Jazz stuff and the freeform jazz I find even annoying. 4 or five lads playing different tunes all together :P

But both genres are linked ... it all came from gospel in the first place.

More from Blues than Gospel I would have thought, although they would also have a common origin. However in terms of perception Blues, Jazz and Rock have all been called the Devil's music at some point.

Maybe in true Irish style it's time to form the breakaway society. In this we could take a lead from our Scandanavian friends and form a Malt n Metal society!

I suppose what I was trying to say is Gospel started the whole ball rolling really. Starting from the Slave field songs and once the African-Negro slaves found Christianity ... Gospel as we know it was born. From gospel and poverty the Blues was born. Jazz and rock branched out from the blues and motown directly from Gospel.

I like the idea of a breakaway group though :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Society