NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Society Chapters?

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

Society Chapters?

Postby Whiskey Pilgrim » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:44 am

Kaixo/Hola,
Have you guys made provision in your rule book for the evangecical Irish whiskey- jihad aspect.I would like to turn my small but hard core club the Hibernian Whiskey Society into the first Spanish chapter of the Irish Whiskey Society??How about a dispora whiskey-geese set up kit,its a bit like Religion of Pyramid selling..(no disrespect intended,tonge in cheek attitude)its all about numbers..and the quicker we set up whiskey temples or priorys or clubs,lodges & cells the quicker we can spread the word.........
Or do i have the clubs permission to set up the I.W.S. Basque club???
Whiskey Pilgrim, "Cock o´Bizkaia"!!
Whiskey Pilgrim
Rundlet Cask

Re: Society Chapters?

Postby Michael Foggarty » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:16 am

Whiskey Pilgrim wrote:its all about numbers..and the quicker we set up whiskey temples or priorys or clubs,lodges & cells the quicker we can spread the word.........

Your right on there, things seem to be moving all swiftly in Dublin and as soon as the first Chapter is set up outside Ireland it will be a proper start to spreading the word.

On an off topic note Whiskey Pilgrim, a friend of yours was in the Celtic Whiskey Shop the other purchasing a whiskey for you (sorry if this was meant to be a surprise, but i wont tell you what whiskey!) i believe another friend is bringing it over to you shortly, anyway prior to your friend arriving, one of the Cooley guys was in and dropped in some samples of the new Connemara Sherry Finish, so i have given your friend a 5cl bottle to bring over to you, enjoy!
Michael Foggarty
Rundlet Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:47 am

I too have looked into the possibility of setting up a branch in Galway. I think it will take me much longer as I don't have a group to work off. If you have spanish speaking members feel free to open a spanish thread :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby IainB » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 pm

The Wicklow branch meets in the Leitrim the odd Saturday at 3am if anyone's interested!
IainB
Hogshead

Postby cathach » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:03 am

IainB wrote:The Wicklow branch meets in the Leitrim the odd Saturday at 3am if anyone's interested!

Sounds great, I have the odd local meet myself in the kitchen at about the same time. ;) By the way with regards to the regular society membership, is it just by cheque, or can you pay by postal order or bank draft?
cathach
Rundlet Cask

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:17 pm

Definitely something the Society wishes to promote, the priority in year one is to get the IWS established.
Possibilities for 2010 are international membership at a reduced fee (committee will discuss this). Still lots of ideas on the table, and your own input would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime you would be more than welcome to organise your own group (which I think you do informally anyway) and be ready for 'official recognition' ;) what the time comes. :)

AFAIK you were enthusiastic about the IWS recommended whisky pubs idea.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby Whiskey Pilgrim » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:04 pm

Thanks Michael,
I got the minature, smashing stuff,sorry for not getting back to you sooner been a buisy bee trying to keep the wolves from the door,I always reccomend the Celtic Whiskey Shop to my customers when going to Ireland on hollidays.
Whiskey Pilgrim, "Cock o´Bizkaia"!!
Whiskey Pilgrim
Rundlet Cask

Postby varizoltan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:38 pm

[quote="Whiskey Pilgrim"]Thanks Michael,
I got the minature, smashing stuff

surely is a smashing whiskey, became everyones favourite at the tasting in august :thumbsup:
Happiness is having a rare steak,a bottle of whiskey, and a dog to eat the rare steak!!!
varizoltan
Fully mature Cask

Return to Society