NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

US Micro-distillery tasting (July)

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

US Micro-distillery tasting (July)

Postby DavidH » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 pm

I've added details and pics of last month's tasting to the event page:

http://www.irishwhiskeysociety.com/even ... 2012-07-26

These things take longer as I get older. In my defence, there were 11 whiskeys on parade!

What a great evening. The kind of tasting that would make you excited by whiskey all over again. For those who weren't there, the highlights (for me and according to the voting too) were the distilled IPA and stout from Charbay Distillery, plus the live Skype link-up with Charbay's distiller, Marko.

Fionnán collected the whiskeys and the thorough behind-the-scenes production details. Cracking tasting notes too. He does an awesome presentation :thumbsup:
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Re: US Micro-distillery tasting (July)

Postby Fionnán » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:23 pm

aw, shucks
Fionnán
Bourbon Barrel

Postby Pudge72 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Looks like an awesome line-up guys! I am fortunate enough to have a bottle of the OP 18th Century (same batch too, I think) and the McCarthy's (definitely the same batch). Both are quite enjoyable, in very different ways. The OP is truly a unique whiskey experience.

I believe Town Branch is in the process of expanding their distillery (I think it was Sept 9, 2011 that they broke ground on the expansion). At some point, when they release bottles from the new distillery, I would like to pick up a bottle, if for no other reason than the groundbreaking was on my birthday. ;)
The wishlist is always growing...
Pudge72
Bourbon Barrel

Postby rathbeggan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:56 pm

I just got a bottle of the distilled IPA, from a new friend in California, see post in the Whiskey section of the forum: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1755&p=14822#p14822
Success to Temperance
rathbeggan
Quarter Cask

Return to Society