NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Galway Branch of Irish Whiskey Society

Everything Irish Whiskey Society related.

Re: Galway Branch of Irish Whiskey Society

Postby John » Sun May 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi Cyril,
Can you check your private messages when you have a moment?
Thanks,
John.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby An Púcán Whiskey » Sun May 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi all - yes to everything - Alicja, I'm sure I can help get your bottle to Galway.
Yes, there is a Facebook profile - 100 likes in 4 days!! and there's a Twitter as well with another 50 followers.

We will get together soon to get the ball rolling on events, in the next week or so. I will facilitate the meeting. Anyone who wants to be informed DM me your address and I'll email when we're getting together.

http://www.facebook.com/IWSGalway
http://www.twitter.com/IWSGalway

All the best

Cyril
An Púcán Whiskey
New Spirit

Postby An Púcán Whiskey » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi all - delighted to let you know that inaugural event of IWS Galway will be taking place on 26th of this month.

The event is free and is intended to get attention for IWS in the west and attract would be members that can be recruited to the society and help spread the good word on this side of the island.

It will be on at 6.30 on Wednesdsy 26th in An Púcán and we will be tasting 4 whiskies - these will be confirmed closer to the date but will be really great Irish Whiskies.

Tickets are available via the link below - please spread the word and help make this a great success!

Best regards

Cyril Briscoe

https://goo.gl/RI4hA3
An Púcán Whiskey
New Spirit

Postby An Púcán Whiskey » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi all - this event has SOLD OUT exceptionally quickly - which is really great for the Society and for Galway!!

In case there's any cancellations - if anyone wants to attend please let me know or join waiting list here -https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/irish-whiskey-society-galway-chapter-inaugural-event-at-an-pucan-tickets-18020227987

Thanks, Cyril
Last edited by An Púcán Whiskey on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Púcán Whiskey
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Weldone Cyril,

Great to hear, wish ye the best. If I can get in I will try but at this stage I can't say.

Cheers
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby An Púcán Whiskey » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:21 pm

Well, we landed the first Galway Chapter event safely at An Púcán and it was only fabulous! Ken and Peter were on hand and gave a great insight into Irish Whiskey and the Society, we had planned initially to taste 4 Whiskies as a locally supported recruitment evening and we ended up tasting SEVEN fabulous liquids including an as yet unreleased Irishman, Redbreast 12, Bushmills 16, Tyrconnell Madiera Finish, Tullamore DEW 4 cask finish single malt and Society Teeling bottling.

Massive thanks to An Púcán for hosting and support and especially for the additional sample of their Carcavelos finished Teeling Single Cask and then to top it off - food platters for all attending.
Big thanks also to McCambridge's and Garavan's who provided a bottle each to the event.

The Galway Chapter is up and running! Looking forward to next event already! Tell your friends out west!

I've added an image from the evening and there's loads of images here.. https://www.facebook.com/IWSGalway

Sláinte agus Gaillimh Abú!

Cyril
Attachments
Pucan.jpg
Pucan.jpg (126.12 KiB) Viewed 4103 times
An Púcán Whiskey
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:21 am

Weldone Cyril,

By the sounds of it and look, it was a huge success.

I have linked ye through the main Society Facebook page so any traffic through there might throw a few people your way.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby An Púcán Whiskey » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:12 am

Hi Adrian - yes, it was a great night.

Thnaks for putting the info and images up there.

Any chance of seeing you out west soon?

Cyril
An Púcán Whiskey
New Spirit

Postby ridge004 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:36 am

Am heading over from America tomorrow for a couple weeks to attend the Awards and WhiskeyLive (evening session). Would be delighted to meet members of the Galway chapter, and in fact will probably be heading to Galway during my stay to do the Trail, etc.

Best,
Pat
ridge004
New Spirit

Postby An Púcán Whiskey » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:19 am

Hi Pat - what a great time to visit!
If you DM me details of when you plan to visit Galway I can let you know what's happening and who will be about.
Cyril
An Púcán Whiskey
New Spirit

Postby ridge004 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:25 am

Will do! In the interim, would love to meet any members who will be at the Awards this week in Dublin.
ridge004
New Spirit

Previous

Return to Society