NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Redbreast 15yo Arrives Stateside

Let's talk whiskey.

Redbreast 15yo Arrives Stateside

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:59 pm

The news our North American cousins have been anxiously anticipating

http://thewineandcheeseplace.blogspot.c ... r-old.html

And at $65 an absolute steal, makes me want to cry...

What can I say Redbreast 15yo * * * * * 5 stars.

Stock up now!!!
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Re: Redbreast 15yo Arrives Stateside

Postby DavidH » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:00 pm

What? Only $65? And for 750ml? Somebody get me Joe Duffy's number :x
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby Ace » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:36 pm

So, if you love Irish whiskey, do your best to get a bottle. Even if you usually drink single malt scotch you should find a way to get a bottle, because I think you will enjoy it very much. What we really should do is start a worldwide petition to get Irish Distillers to make Redbreast 15 year old a regular stock item, along with Redbreast 12 year old.

Is he saying that RB 15 is not going to be a "regular stock item", meaning that it's not a permanent addition to the IDL line?

(Meaning, should Ace go out and take out a second mortgage on his home to buy a few dozen cases of RB 15 before they stop making it?) :mrgreen:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Ace
New Spirit

Postby DavidH » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Ace wrote:Is he saying that RB 15 is not going to be a "regular stock item", meaning that it's not a permanent addition to the IDL line?

We asked IDL that but they won't comment at all. Not even "We'd like to but it depends on availability of maturing stocks". So your guess is as good as anyone's.

It was the same when the first batch came out. We thought it was a once off and the price shot up as people started to rave about it. But eventually this second batch came along. Some have said the first batch was better so maybe those bottles still have a higher value.
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 am

TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi DavidH the word on the street that I heard is that the RB15 is going to be a "regular stock item" albeit in limited amounts, this could tie in with the fact it is now being released in the US also. As soon as I hear anything concrete I will let you know.

I haven't been through Dublin airport recently but I understand it is more reasonably priced there. If anyone spotted the RB15 going through Dublin can you let us know the current price point there.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby DavidH » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:10 pm

It would be a very promising stake in the ground regarding IDL's intentions for the non-Jameson brands.

I'd like to invite IDL themselves to comment here. You tell us, and we'll spread the good news throughout the Irish whiskey community!
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Return to Whiskey