NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Yellow Spot?

Let's talk whiskey.

Yellow Spot?

Postby Rick M. » Tue May 02, 2017 4:05 pm

I don't see this SPS whiskey mentioned nearly as often as the other IDL single pot still whiskeys. Do you consider it a notch below the others?
Rick M.
New Spirit

Re: Yellow Spot?

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Tue May 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Rick, it is actually a really nice whiskey.

However I reckon there is possibly 2 reasons it is not mentioned as much.

1 It is not as widely available as the others and can be out of stock regularly.

2 This 12yo is circa €20 (33%) more expensive than the Powers Johns Lane 12yo and Redbreast 12yo which does impact on ones buying choices.

I really rate it but cannot always justify the extra to purchase it as a regular drinker.

If you are happy with the price I don't think you'll be disappointed. :thumbsup:
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Re: Yellow Spot?

Postby Rick M. » Wed May 03, 2017 12:46 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Hi Rick, it is actually a really nice whiskey.

However I reckon there is possibly 2 reasons it is not mentioned as much.

1 It is not as widely available as the others and can be out of stock regularly.

2 This 12yo is circa €20 (33%) more expensive than the Powers Johns Lane 12yo and Redbreast 12yo which does impact on ones buying choices.

I really rate it but cannot always justify the extra to purchase it as a regular drinker.

If you are happy with the price I don't think you'll be disappointed. :thumbsup:

Thanks, IWC!
Rick M.
New Spirit

Return to Whiskey