NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Powers single pot still lineup question

Let's talk whiskey.

Powers single pot still lineup question

Postby Rick M. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:57 pm

I've managed to track down a John's Lane. Any opinions on the others? Are they worth tracking down? I know where I can find a Signature. TIA.
Rick M.
New Spirit

Re: Powers single pot still lineup question

Postby Good Whiskey Hunting » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 pm

I think the Signature is great whiskey. It was released at the same time as the Redbreast 21. It got lost in the shadows.

If you can get 3 swallow release it's an entry level Pot Still. Great value bang for your buck.

If you've a chance to get a Redbreast Lustau, you'll be well impressed I believe. It gives a different side to the Pot Still experience.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money
https://twitter.com/potstillwhiskey
https://facebook.com/potstillwhiskey/
https://www.instagram.com/potstillwhiskey/
Good Whiskey Hunting
Fully mature Cask

Postby Rick M. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Good Whiskey Hunting wrote:I think the Signature is great whiskey. It was released at the same time as the Redbreast 21. It got lost in the shadows.

If you can get 3 swallow release it's an entry level Pot Still. Great value bang for your buck.

If you've a chance to get a Redbreast Lustau, you'll be well impressed I believe. It gives a different side to the Pot Still experience.

Thanks, GWH. How does the Signature differ from the John's Lane?
Rick M.
New Spirit

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Rick M. wrote:
.... How does the Signature differ from the John's Lane?

Powers JL is a much heavier pot still style and more flavour some in my opinion and is supposedly more like what Powers was back in the day when it was sold as a PPS also. Rich and Spicy.

The Signature is closer to the current regular powers blended style although also a PPS. Sweet and smooth but good for the price.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby Rick M. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:32 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:
Rick M. wrote:
.... How does the Signature differ from the John's Lane?

Powers JL is a much heavier pot still style and more flavour some in my opinion and is supposedly more like what Powers was back in the day when it was sold as a PPS also. Rich and Spicy.

The Signature is closer to the current regular powers blended style although also a PPS. Sweet and smooth but good for the price.

Thanks for the clarification, IWC.
Rick M.
New Spirit

Postby JohnM » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:37 am

There are also some single casks, like the ones for the Celtic Whiskey Shop, the Long Hall, L Mulligan Grocer and the Temple Bar. Maybe the Loop too?
JohnM
Fully mature Cask

Postby Rick M. » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:17 pm

JohnM wrote:There are also some single casks, like the ones for the Celtic Whiskey Shop, the Long Hall, L Mulligan Grocer and the Temple Bar. Maybe the Loop too?

Thanks for the suggestions, JohnM.
Rick M.
New Spirit

Return to Whiskey