NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

The Irishman

Let's talk whiskey.

The Irishman

Postby TallyB » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Looking for some info on the alpha-numerical coding on the earlier bottles. I have E1414 and AD1459.

Thanks
TallyB
Quarter Cask

Re: The Irishman

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:51 am

Hi TallyB,

I believe these would have been the original release of Irish Man Whiskeys.

I am guessing the E1414 is a Single Malt.

But unsure what the AD1459 is? Can you tell us what is says on the label.

Are they both in Clear plastic cartons? A picture would help but the L code should be on the side of the bottle near the bottom.

Anyway I believe these were from 2006 so would be L6*****
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi there,

E is the batch number, and is one of the first, or maybe even the first batch od The Irishman Single Malt.
Batches seen in the first couple of years of release include batches E,F,G,H,M. AD is a much later batch.

Sheers TWB
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby TallyB » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:13 pm

E1414 bottle is coded L6, The AD bottle is not mine so can't comment on it. I know that the E coded bottles are the first batch. Just wondered what the E code actually stood for.

Thanks for your input guys. :thumbsup:
TallyB
Quarter Cask

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 am

I've no idea as to the origin of the batch system either and whether E was the first but as thewhiskeybro says I too believe it was the first release.

I have E1705 which I purchased at the time of release. They originally were released in batches of a maximum of 6000 a time I believe but that may have changed since.

I also have the Irishman superior which is the blend and then changed to the Irishman 70 and now the Irishman Founders Reserve.

Not sure what type of blend it was originally but it is now a blend of PPS and Malt so nopt aa grain blend as we're used to. And similar to their other creation the wonderful Writers Tears.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Whiskey