NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Jameson Limited Edition

Let's talk whiskey.

Jameson Limited Edition

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 am

Was doing a bit of deep google-ing tonight on "Irish Whiskey" i.e. going further that just the first 3 search results pages :P

Anyway came across a Limited edition regular Jameson which I'm not sure if I've seen before. Specially created for St Patricks Day 2009 and brough back by popular demand for St Patrick's Day 2010c in the US. Possibly other countries too ...????

I thought I came across an ALuminium casing for a regular Jameson bottle similar to this before where the bottle popped into it through the bottom where it was sealed in with a lid. Basicall a snugly fitting canister in the shape of the bottle however this actually looks like a propper bottle with screw cap.

So is it a propperly dressed up bottle or just a canister???

Any one know any more about this ???

The second pic looks like the Canister type I was talking about but the first pic looks like it's a bottle. Is there a difference or just a distortion of the pics.

JamesonLimitedStPatricksEd.JPG
Jameson St Patricks Day 2009/10
JamesonLimitedStPatricksEd.JPG (25.33 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Re: Jameson Limited Edition

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:08 am

Hi there IWS,

I have one of these, which if i recall correctly was first released for St Patricks Day 2008 in the UK market...

I would describe it as a outer skin on a jameson bottle...
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Postby John » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:11 am

Hi guys,
Yep, I believe this is just a new covering on a standard expression. This type of promotion seems to be getting more and more popular.
J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby cathach » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 pm

it is awful isn't it John? hennessy have done it a few times recently and they always try to tart it up for Christmas but of course none of the marketing honchos would spend any of that money actually making the stuff taste better.
cathach
Rundlet Cask

Postby John » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Cathach,
Yep, don't really like the look of it to be honest - I'd much prefer if they released an unusual or quirky expression rather than just putting on a new label!
J.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore; always carry a small snake - W.C. Fields et al.
John
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 am

This as I have been told by the learned people here is a skin (canister) so thanks for the clarification guys. However I have found out an interesting tit bit on this, this was not Jameson endorsed promotional tin and was the creation of either the UK importer or distributor (not sure which). Jameson are not keen to promote Jameson on St Patricks day as it may lead to a stereo typical association to the "Drinking Irish" which they have desperately been trying to avoid. This I feel is admirable as the whole Paddy's day and a sudden interest in whiskey annoys me too. However the St Patricks day skin has been a very sucessful adition to the bottle and possibly Jameson may have another look at this sort of strategy.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Whiskey