NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Netherlands Whiskey Shops

Let's talk whiskey.

Netherlands Whiskey Shops

Postby Liam Murray » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:11 pm

If anyone is visiting the fine city of Utrecht, you could do worse than to visit Van Dongen NachtegaalStraat Utrecht bus number 3 will take you to this street from the Central Station. They have a good selection of independent bottlings from Signatory etc. While in the Central Station you can visit another shop there which is located at the train station hall. I think it is the traverse section of the Hoog Cathrina Shopping Centre.I cannot remember the name of the shop but it has a great selection of miniatures. There is also a great shop in Amersfoort called Van Weesp. Regards Liam Murrray The Wine Centre Kilkenny
Liam Murray
Quarter Cask

Re: Whiskey Shops Holland

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi Liam, thanks for that, just to let you know I've amended the title to a general one for Holland.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:24 pm

My tip for Amsterdam is

Ton Overmars

Hoofddorpplein 11
1059CV Amsterdam

http://www.tonovermars.nl/index.html

The affable Ton and his wife run this well stocked Whiskey & wine shop.

Ton is always ready to talk whiskey and offer advice.

Get the No 2 tram to Hoofddorpplein 11 - Amsterdam which is a nice little square a couple miles from the city centre.
Sláinte Adrian
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Postby DavidH » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:01 pm

IrishWhiskeyChaser wrote:Hi Liam, thanks for that, just to let you know I've amended the title to a general one for Holland.

And I amended it again to put the country name first (so topics/regions can be sorted alphabetically). And I made it "Netherlands" rather than "Holland" (since Utrecht is not in Holland, strictly speaking) .
Twitter: @LiquidIrish
DavidH
Fully mature Cask

Return to Whiskey