NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

I need help putting an age on this bottle of Jameson

Let's talk whiskey.

I need help putting an age on this bottle of Jameson

Postby dec77 » Sun May 09, 2010 6:50 pm

The seal is broken but the cork is intact and there has been very little lost through oxidising over the years.

Any info would be much appreciated.
dec77
New Spirit

Re: I need help putting an age on this bottle of Jameson

Postby jcskinner » Sun May 09, 2010 7:22 pm

I have one just like it. I think the consensus is very late Sixties, very early Seventies on that.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Re: I need help putting an age on this bottle of Jameson

Postby TheWhiskeyBro » Sun May 09, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm currently doing some research on Redbreast, like JC I also have a bottle similar to the one you've shown. Jim is correct in saying that the label on your bottle was still in use up until 1972.

However my own research into the various Redbreast bottling's suggests that your bottle probably dates from 1963 to 1964.

I'd be very interested in checking out the markings on the base of the bottle you might find something like IGB118-2 LXIV... let us know and it might help!!!

As regards value, a bottle similar to this in perfect condition in todays market would be worth around €200-€250,
however in poor condition and without the seal and even with the cork apparently intact, I'm afraid it is of little value to collectors. If the contents are genuine some enthusiasts may be prepared to offer upwards of €50 euro for the bottle to try the contents. However if you are a whiskey drinker yourself I'd recommend you open and enjoy the taste and style of an Irish Pot Still Whiskey in the 1960s.
TheWhiskeyBro
Hogshead

Return to Whiskey