NOTE: This forum is no longer active. This is an archive copy of the forum as it was on 10 March 2018.

Bushmills distillery reserve

Let's talk whiskey.

Bushmills distillery reserve

Postby IainB » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:45 am

I haven't had this in years and I remember really really liking this one - does anyone have any idea how I might get a bottle without actually going there - Bushmills is a bit of a trek from Wicklow!
IainB
Hogshead

Re: Bushmills distillery reserve

Postby jcskinner » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:46 am

I'd recommend you make the trip.
I was up there a few weeks back and they've been having continuing sales at the distillery. Currently the 1608 and black bush are really cheap.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Postby IainB » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:50 am

I'd love too but there's only so many of the abandon the kids trips I can do in a year and I've a few planned already. I've going to visit a few friends in Belfast in the next few week but let's face it - Bushmills ain't exactly a small detour!
IainB
Hogshead

Postby jcskinner » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:51 am

True. It's well over an hour further up the road from there.
It's a pity I didn't know you were looking for one before I went up. I got someone else one while I was up there.
But with them selling the 1608 for £30 a bottle at the distillery, I am tempted to try and get back there sometime soon.
If I can manage that, I'll certainly grab one for you. But sadly, they don't sell it anywhere else.
jcskinner
Bourbon Barrel

Postby IainB » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:10 am

Is it much more than an hour?? You never know!

The first bottle of this I bought was actually in Midleton (pre Diageo, obviously!) They used to do a sort of octagonal box with the 3 distillery reserves. Looking back I can't believe I only bought one of the boxes, I drank the whiskey and threw out the box. This was when I started getting into whiskey in a big way, maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I went back soon afterwards but never saw the set of 3 again. I reckon if I'd kept it it would have been a half decent collectors item in time. Though I probably would have jusk drank it again!
IainB
Hogshead

Postby IrishWhiskeyChaser » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Hey Iain, I rang them a few years ago and bought one from the shop which they kindly posted me one down but your adding another £12 or so for the pleasure but it sure as hell beats forking out €40-50 in petrol ;) .
IrishWhiskeyChaser
Site Admin

Return to Whiskey